Fine alcohol

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I can not remember if a thread like this has ever been started so.......

What's your poison ?

I like a fine single malt scotch (18 year old The Glenlivet) and good Ky. Bourbon (My favorites are Buffalo Trace and 1792 ).

But a friend (you know who you are) sent me some GREAT moonshine . Let me tell you , this was some of the finest sipping 'shine I have ever drank . I sat on the front porch the other day , enjoying one of those perfect cloudless , warm spring days and sipped on my new Moonshine and it went down so smooth that when I stood up I was a little loopy .

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I'm a fan of rum, and scotch. My favorite scotch is the Macallan. I've got a little moonshine that was given to me a while ago. That stuff is awesome.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
This 'shine I was given is cinnamon and is some of THE smoothest I have ever drank . I need a direct connection to keep it coming in .

I do like me some rum drinks . I prefer rum margaritas instead of tequila .

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
This 'shine I given was is cinnamon and is some of THE smoothest I have ever drank . I need a direct connection to keep it coming in .

I do like me some rum drinks . I prefer rum margaritas instead of tequila .
Ive never tried run margaritas. May need to mix up a batch of that. Got a recipe?

My shine is smooth abd bubbles real nice on the shake test. Its high octane for sure. Dont have a solid connection for it, but do know folks who know folks... ;-)

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I can not remember if a thread like this has ever been started so.......

What's your poison ?

I like a fine single malt scotch (18 year old The Glenlivet) and good Ky. Bourbon (My favorites are Buffalo Trace and 1792 ).

But a friend (you know who you are) sent me some GREAT moonshine . Let me tell you , this was some of the finest sipping 'shine I have ever drank . I sat on the front porch the other day , enjoying one of those perfect cloudless , warm spring days and sipped on my new Moonshine and it went down so smooth that when I stood up I was a little loopy .
Good shine is always a nice thing in the right quantities. I've had some stuff no matter what you mix it with it still hurts. Glad to hear you got some good stuff though.

My poison depends on my mood. A good home brew or mead is always great. The wife loves the blueberry wine. But for something stronger I enjoy my Irish Whiskey. Since I'm cheap and cannot spend a few hundred on a bottle it is typically Bushmills. However if someone wants to donate a bottle of Pappy Van Whinkle or something similar I would be more then glad to taste it.

I do have a bottle of this stuff I have yet to open and try.

Attachments

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Ouch! My arm hurts from the twisting this thread gave it. Johnny Black on the rocks at my left hand. Salute!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Ive never tried run margaritas. May need to mix up a batch of that. Got a recipe?

My shine is smooth abd bubbles real nice on the shake test. Its high octane for sure. Dont have a solid connection for it, but do know folks who know folks... ;-)
Ah , sorry , I have no recipe . The first time I ever had a Rum margarita was in the Bahamas . When out , I ask for a margarita and just tell them to substitute the tequila with rum . I can not find anyone who can make one taste as good as the one I had over 20 years ago on the islands . But then again , maybe it was more the scenery , sitting there watching the sun go down while a Jimmy Buffett tune ran through my mind that made that first one so good .

Wallens05

Master Mason
Good shine is always a nice thing in the right quantities. I've had some stuff no matter what you mix it with it still hurts. Glad to hear you got some good stuff though.

My poison depends on my mood. A good home brew or mead is always great. The wife loves the blueberry wine. But for something stronger I enjoy my Irish Whiskey. Since I'm cheap and cannot spend a few hundred on a bottle it is typically Bushmills. However if someone wants to donate a bottle of Pappy Van Whinkle or something similar I would be more then glad to taste it.

I do have a bottle of this stuff I have yet to open and try.
I'm getting into single malts now tasting what I like,I'm a jack "n" coke or on the rocks man Jason that masters stuff is great one of the guys I hang out with regularly from my lodge has some and I got to taste it when I became a MM was nice and smooth.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Isn't that a daiquiri?
Not that I know of , when we asked for margaritas the man behind the bar asked "Tequila or rum" , so I said rum . But then again , I guess it could be considered a daiquiri , because a daiquiri is rum mixed with a sweetener .

I would never mix good tequila , like good bourbon , with any thing . If it has to be mixed , then you are drinking the wrong alcohol .

on another note.... The wife and I were at a friends wedding once and I was ordering The Glenlivet (18 year old) when an old schoolmate walked up to the bar and asked to do some SHOTS of it with me . I looked at him as if he had a second head growing out of his neck . I said "One does not do shots of 18 year old scotch , you sip it and enjoy it . You only do shots when the bottle comes with a screw top" .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Oh , and I am down to half a jar of the 'Shine . Need to pace myself , sat here last night and got a pleasant little buzz on , and I am going to run out soon if I do not watch it .

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Oh , and I am down to half a jar of the 'Shine . Need to pace myself , sat here last night and got a pleasant little buzz on , and I am going to run out soon if I do not watch it .
Sounds like you may e paying your friend a visit for some more! Lol

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Have you ever tried a blueberry? Just wondering what it would be like. They are in season right now. Wife is asking for some blueberry wine.

jaya

I love good single malt scotch. Oban is my favorite right now. I also like some good ol' apple pie. I also have a bottle of cherries soaking in some 'shine. Those make ice cream taste even better.