EA Topic Giving first lecture this weekend

DFChapel

I went through the degrees and became a Master Mason last fall, at age 23. This summer, my 21-year-old brother is being made a Mason as well. Needless to say, it's an exciting thing for me, and for my father, who's also a Mason.

I'm even more excited for my brother's EA degree, which is this Saturday, because I'll be giving the first part of the EA lecture for the first time, describing the symbolism of the ritual. I'm sure many users on this site have plenty of experience giving lectures and conducting degree work in general, but I'm certainly excited for this moment in my Masonic career, and I find it fitting that I'll be explaining to my brother part of what it means to be a Brother.

G

Gary

Congrats! I personally feel that the EA lecture, properly presented, opens the door to higher learning for the initiate. It is certainly a very important lecture.

Kudos to you for having the honor of passing it on to family. It is certainly a special occasion, and very symbolic of the ties of the fraternity.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Congrats . Delivering lectures and performing degree work is a wonderful thing , but to be able to do it for a family member would make it that much better .

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
The 1st Degree Lecture is one of my favorite lectures and it was the first one I learned. I had the honor of giving the lecture to my cousin and I hope you enjoy it. Your brother will be honored.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
I had the honor of giving the Middle Chamber lecture to my son, as well as doing the entire 3rd degree from the East for him, while my dad set in the West.

That was really great.