greetings from portland,oregon-I NEED HELP IN MY NEW DIRECTION!!!

matthew janson

hi there,my name is matthew janson of portland,oregon.
all the men in my family have passed along,unfortunately i was the black sheep of the family for sme time,the men in my family were all shriners and masons to the highest rank!my great grandfather.ROBERT,MARR,WRIGHT,33RD DEGREE.BENJAMIN FRANKLIN,AND CARL ALDER, CONOR WRIGHT.WELL NOW MY LIFE IS TOGETHER,IT WOULD BE MY HONOR AND HIGHEST REGARD TO JOIN,I KNOW MY REGISTRATION IS A LITTLE LATE HOWEVER I FEEL IT INSIDE TO STEP UP AND START AS A APPRENTICE,MAY I RECIEVE SOME SUPPORT,I DO HAVE A LOT OF KNOWLEDGE THAT I LEARNED FROM MY GRANDPA AND UNDERSTANDING MY POSSIBLE NEW OPTIONS,WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME.MY NUMBER IS xxx-xxx-xxxx.I AM DOING REALLY WELL NOW I AM MAKING A GOOD NAME FOR MYSELF AND AM BECOMING A BETTER MAN,YOU COULD SAY I FEEL THE SPIRIT AND HAVE A OPEN MIND AND I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT MAKES THINGS HAPPEN IN MY DAILY LIFE,HOWEVER I NEED SOME DIRECTION IN THIS NEW LIFE I AM CREATING FOR MYSELF.
THANK YOU!
SINCERLY MATTHEW JANSON-WRIGHT-MOSKALEW

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Hello Matthew , I am happy to hear you are interested in becoming a member of our Fraternity . First off , if you know a Freemason in your area , set down and talk with him/them and ask for a petition . If you do not know anyone who is a Mason , then here is the link to the Grand Lodge of Oregon . Masonic Grand Lodge of Oregon . You can find a lodge in your area (just click the " Find a local Lodge" link or E-mail the Grand Lodge Secretary of your wishes .

It is never to late to become a Freemason , so I would not worry about that . I'm not sure what you mean by being the "black sheep " of your family .Do you mean your were the black sheep for not becoming a Freemason ? Or do you mean you have been in some trouble in the past ? If it is the latter , if you have never been in serious trouble ,ergo any felonies , and have made steps to better your life and become a just and upright man then any indescretions from your past may be over looked as long as they were not so egregious that they can not be overlooked . Very few of us were perfect angels in our past . Just be honest and up front when talking with the members of the lodge you want to petition and don't try and hide anything from them .

I wish you the best of luck . If you continue to have trouble finding a lodge , let us know and we will try to help you anyway we can .

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your stay. As Ashlar has stated, look locally for a lodge, attempt to make contact with them. The Grand Lodge of Oregon, should have a registry of lodges, and contact information. If you still cannot get the information you need, as Ashlar also stated, let us know and well will attempt to help. Good luck in your quest as well.

rustybones49801

A Rough Ashlar
Ditto with the above comments. Just be forthright and let the person you talk to your situation in detail and if they can help you with a petition, they will. Good Luck and let us know...