Greetings from Thailand!

farang

Brethren all,

Greetings from the Land of Smiles. Freemasonry is very diverse in Thailand. There are lodges from six constitutions working in three different languages in five cities working scattered across the kingdom. This may be the only place in the world where you can find so much true diversity in Masonry.

Most of the lodges work in English, but we also have GLNF lodges that work in French (and one in English) and a Scottish lodge that is gradually converting to Thai. That is the only lodge in the world that opens and closes in Thai.

Most of the lodges are in amity so there is much visitation and even multiple memberships. The one lodge not in amity is the Prince Hall (Delaware) at the US Embassy. However, we know the brethren there and invite each other to non-masonic events.

If you do get the chance to visit Thailand, please let me help you find a lodge meeting. Stop by at the Thai Freemason website, or send me an email and let me know when you're coming. We don't publish lodge calendars, so I'll have to let you know what's happening when and where. There's also a link to each lodge so you can make direct contact with the lodges you'd like to visit.

Sincerely & fraternally,

Jim Smith, Webmaster
The Thai Freemason
Thai Freemason News & Events

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Greetings and salutations. Welcome to the site, and I hope to see you around. I've never been over there, but I do hear it is a beautiful country. I've had a few friends who have traveled there.