Hats

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Just ordered a new "Hats in the Belfry - Be-Bop Porkpie hat for lodge and general out on the town use .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
When I was in the East I wore the hat I bought in Venice.
It was a college trip for my daughter, I went as a chaperone, having loved Italy while training there in the National Guard. The school does trips in January, as the costs are much less, but it was COOO-OOOLD; Venice, of course, being right on the water.
I'm not much of a hat guy, but I asked a recommendation of the hotel desk clerk and went to a mens' store and bought a hat and gloves. It is amazing how much a cheap hat will warm you up.

S&F

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
I am not much of a hat guy either, but sadly I don't have as much sun protection on top as I once had. Therefore I am now the proud owner of a Tilley Endurables hat.

Baseball hats don't protect the neck, although I still own a lot of them. The Tilley hat is even insured against loss.

jaya

If I am elected master I will get a Homburg hat to wear. I like a fedora but the homburg is a little more dressy.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I own a fedora, several tams, cavalier hat, stetson, and a medieval helmet. I suffer that same lack of sun protection as I have grow up through my hair, the rest is at home on a shoebox.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have a nice fedora that I have worn as Master in the past but I have always liked porkpies (I almost purchased the "Frank Sinatra" porkpie but they didn't have my size), and the wife likes how I look in them (I guess) , so a porkpie it is .

I would wear my Stetson Tyler cowboy hat but it has been stomped by horses , dropped on beer soaked floors more times than I care to count and I have even slept on it (passed out) so it is not the best hat to be wearing in lodge . I reshaped it to suit my tastes and love that hat , a lot of good memories go along with that old hat .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
the rest is at home on a shoebox.
LOL , the wife complains about my hair loss . It is not bad YET , but it is getting there .

I have worn ball caps since I was 7 years old and have a massive ball cap collection . I have 2 boxes that those old "fat back" 36" TVs came in filled to the brim with ball caps and I have all my favorites all over the house . I figured it was time to wear a hat (porkpie) that looks good when "fairly" dressed up .

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
I married a great lady, for our anniversary (& birthday, & Christmas) a few years ago she took me to a custom hat maker and I was able to have a nice black western fedora made that she bought for me.