Heritage

freeman

Have any of you looked back over your entire family tree to see where your ancestors came from and who they were? Recently my family created a family tree dating back over 100years and it was fascinating! Very cool to see exactly where your roots are and to hear stories from back in the day. It made me feel like a small piece of a very large legacy. Inspiring!

alice30

Yes

My aunts did that. They even went to Wales where our ancestors came from and they were able to trace it back even farther than that. I do love knowing where I have come from, at least on one side of the family!

rescue48

Firedawg
I have traced my line back over 400 years to old England. There's even a town still to this day named after my family.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We dated back mine on both sides . I am French/Irish . My great Grandfather on my fathers side married a full blooded Cherokee so I have that in the mix also .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
My mother has been working on ours off and on for many years. She found some pretty great stories. I forget just how far back it goes. But I do think she traced one branch to the Mayflower.