Humble initiate

Hey Moe

I just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone. I found at last week that my petition was accepted and that I can expect initiation on January 11th. To say I am excited would be a huge understatement as Freemasonry is something I have wanted to do for years but never felt that I was "worthy" (as corny as that sounds). The phone call last week also left me feeling very humbled.

Anyway, I have been browsing here a bit and figured I would join. I will continue to read the forums everyday but I don't expect to be posting much right off the bat as I am just starting the journey. Once I get on my way, I will contribute more!

Congrats...enjoy and keep us up to date... please feel free to ask questions and we will answer to the best of our abilities or as we are able to

jaya

Congrats. I hope you get out of your travels what you are seaking. Feel free to ask any question you might have. I saw your picture in your profile and thought you were the master of the lodge with that hat on. :D

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Your journey has begun, ask questions, start a thread, get used to having about 6,000,000 Brothers.

Fireman

Welcome, as someone who is also at the start of their journey I can say there is plenty of useful info here and brothers to help with any questions

jaya

Fedora is fine. I am either planning on wearing a fedora or a Humburg. Not sure yet. Our WM this year is wearing a boiler. Either way, the WM is the only one to wear a hat in lodge.

Winter

I've been here before
Fedora is fine. I am either planning on wearing a fedora or a Humburg. Not sure yet. Our WM this year is wearing a boiler. Either way, the WM is the only one to wear a hat in lodge.
In American Rite that is correct. In my Emulation Lodge which takes several traditions from German workings the Master and both Wardens wear top-hats. Who wears the Hat in most Emulation Rite Lodges? No one of course. The only head coverings allowed are those worn for religious proposes, such as a Yarmulka. Why? Because our Lodges have been consecrated with Wine, Corn, Oil and prayers to the Almighty, consecrated to the Brotherhood of Man under the Fatherhood of G-d, and you do not cover up your head on consecrated ground, unless it is a part of your religion, it is like being in Church.

Hey Moe

Just an update,

I was initiated last wednesday night in a very humbling and yet amazing cerimony. It was interesting to see the change in personalities, if you will, from before the cerimony to after. Before I felt like a semi-unwanted guest in the building. After it was like I had known these folks (many of whom I had never met before - some I have known all my life) for years.

I look forward to my travels and look forward to progressing through the degrees and hope that the journey is as enlightening as last wednesday was.