I haven't had this since I was a kid.

Alex44

The kids were asking for a treat and my wife made a batch of Rice Crispie treats. I have been good about my diet, but I couldn't resist as I really haven't had one in years. Is there a food that you had recently or would like that you haven't had in a long time?

dax

My mother's coconut macaroons. I was seven when I had them last before mom died in a car accident. I missed eating those sweet stuff and it's the only food memory I have when I think of mom.

JohnnyZ

I ate at least 4 of these at the apple cider making picnic over last weekend. I love them! They really can't be that bad for you - they are rice krispies. I know and a bunch of marshmallows too!

Starlight

There are two things that my mom used to make that I miss even though they are not the healthiest things. One is a kool aid ice, and the other one is the shake from the strawberry quik can. It called for vanilla ice cream, 7up, and strawberry quik. Hmmm that was the best treat ever.

Eoin

Mom's peanut butter fudge and her black walnut cake. I can smell the smells if I concentrate hard enough. I have taken over making them since she's gone but they just aren't the same.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Growing up we did not have a lot of money so we had a ton of home made goods. Jellies, canned veggies, and all sorts of stuff. But what I miss most is the home made Easter candies. I'm also allergic to the coco in chocolate. I remember going down to the store that sold the molds, chips and other stuff to make it. We would pick up white and strawberry chocolate for me, and others for everyone else. If we were lucky we would get some caramel that goes in them. Hmmmmm.... I miss those days.

sukie

Peas and vinegar! I'm originally from the north east of England and I remember evenings at home with my parents in front of a small black and white TV eating mushy peas and vinegar. Yum!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
HMMM , I have never tried that . I love spinach/greens and vinegar , I am going to have to try eating peas with it . Do you use white vinegar ?

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
One of the most pleasing memories from my childhood was eating my grandmother's made from scratch, fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookies. I don't remember how she made them, but they were the best I'd ever had. As the holidays come around I find myself missing my grandmother's homemade fudge... my brother and I, we always got a box of fudge for Christmas... from the time we were little children until we were well into our twenties. Sadly, my grandmother passed away some years ago... but just typing this I swear I can smell the cookies cooling on the counter.