I was given a penny...

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
That was a nice thing to do , giving you the penny . As to why , you'll find out later when you go through the Entered Apprentice degree . Do not want to ruin it for you by giving the information out beforehand .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Sadly, as much as it would be nice to tell you, I cannot. You will understand as you go through, and appreciate the gesture of him giving you the penny.

BTW, do not worry about the spelling. If it was not for the spell checker in firefox, you would think a 5 year old wrote my posts.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
BTW, do not worry about the spelling. If it was not for the spell checker in firefox, you would think a 5 year old wrote my posts.
Lol , same with me . Remember back in school when we actually had to use a dictionary ?

Zachary , There are a couple of different mindsets out there when it comes to reading up on Freemasonry before a man enters into the Fraternity . Some believe that it is alright for a man interested in petitioning to read anything and everything out there , including our Rituals . And some , like myself , think a prospective member should just stick to the basics , with books such as "Freemasons for Dummies" and "The Complete Idiots Guide to Freemasonry" or any other books that do not delve into the ritual , so as not to ruin the experience and come in with an open mind . Mind you , I am not saying you or anyone else interested in Freemasonry shouldn't read up on it , no one should jump into it without serious thought , just try to leave some of the mystery in it (such as the penny) .

I have been told by those who have read up on the degrees before hand say it did not take away from the experience and others have told me or I have read that they regretted getting the information before they went through the degrees because it was not as moving seeing that they new "what was coming" . I for one am glad that I refrained from "reading ahead" .

Feel free to ask us anything you like but do not take offense if we do not answer , we just don't want to ruin it for you and some things we just can't tell you , yet .