If you could....

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
If you could talk to one Famous Freemason , past or present , who would it be ?

Mine would be Samual Clemens aka Mark Twain . I love his humorous tales and I find him fascinating .

jvlighting1

PA The Keystone State
If you could talk to one Famous Freemason , past or present , who would it be ?

Mine would be Samual Clemens aka Mark Twain . I love his humorous tales and I find him fascinating .
Benjamin Franklin.

I am from Philadelphia and I love science, literature and the arts. So we would have plenty to talk about over a pint and a Cheese stake!

12valve guy

jv,only if the cheese steak is from pats..lol mine would be a toss up between franlklin,twain and not famous but my great grandfather....

Major General LeJeune, USMC, being a former jar head, and being stationed at camp Lejeune for a time, I would love to hear his sea stories.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Major General LeJeune, USMC, being a former jar head, and being stationed at camp Lejeune for a time, I would love to hear his sea stories.
Never , thought of him . On that note though I would love to have a sit down with Chesty Puller and or Carlos Hathcock .

ASH, I had the honor of meeting Gunny Hathcock in 78 on the range at Camp Geiger. He was getting real frail then, but man he was larger then life.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
ASH, I had the honor of meeting Gunny Hathcock in 78 on the range at Camp Geiger. He was getting real frail then, but man he was larger then life.
Brother , you are one lucky Jarhead ! He is the Patron Saint of Marine riflemen ! When "Marine Sniper:93 Confirmed Kills" came out in '86 , it became mandentory reading for us all . I still have my copy that I carried all over the world with me .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
This is a tough one. If you believe that King Solomon was a Mason, it would be him right off the bat. However, most don't seem to think he was.

So that leaves me with two people off the top of my head. One would be George Washington. The second would be Ben Franklin.

walls0stone

Just one? Your out of your mind hee hee.

I'm stuck eather a Titan of American business like Franklin, or H.Ford,

a hero like Amistead or Chamberlin...

Or a presedent, such as T.Rosevelt or Garfield...

I know, Bob Dole!!!!!

cemab4y

I would like to have a discussion with General George Patton. I am a civilian, and I work in Afghanistan and Iraq. I would like his opinions on the military situation here.

Darrel

Famous Masons

All of the above would be amazing to talk to, but the one Master Mason that I would love to sit down and have a conversation with isn't a famous one. It would be my dad. He received his 50 year pin about 3 years before he passed away at age 83. I had always intended to petition the lodge, but put it off (you know how busy life gets). I finally did it when my son decided that he wanted to join DeMolay. On the night I was raised, my wife had had my dad's original Masonic ring repaired (he had worn through the band) and slipped it to a good friend, who presented it to me at the alter after the degree with the Worshipful Master's permission. I was completely speechless. Anyway, I would love to be able to sit down for one more conversation with Dad.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Darrel,
That would be an excellent conversation to have I am sure. I commend you on your statement to us. I am sure that you were speechless by the gift of your fathers ring. I am also sure that you have made your father proud by joining the fraternity and carrying on the same traditions as your father, and by the sounds of it, your son too.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
LOL, well we do seem to live in our own infamy ;-). Now all we need is the financing to go with it.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I always told the wife that she was one lucky woman to have married me and that I was a great and important man , at least in my own mind ! Now here's the proof , LOL !

Thanks, though .

jshoemaker

I would love to talk to Ben Franklin or President Truman. I would love to discuss with them what they gained from Freemasonry.