Internet + Freemasonry

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
How do you think the internet has affected Freemasonry? With it so easy to find information, whether it be fact or fiction, how do you think it sways peoples thoughts?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I think it's really helped Masons get to other Mason's all over the country , and the world for that matter . To exchance thoughts and ideas and learn from one another . I think it's also helped for non-Masons's , when on the right sites , make up their minds if Masonry is for them . And lead them in the right direction .

If you ask me , if someone is swayed by the anti-Freemasonry web sites , then they are not men we want or need anyway . A man should be able to think for himself and make up his own mind . We want leaders , not sheep .

jvlighting1

PA The Keystone State
I found it to be very helpful in my research. I use the internet to research the PA Grad Lodge and the local lodges in my area. A lot of good history found on the web as well.
Most anti-mason websites that I stumbled upon were fueled by religious groups.

rustybones49801

A Rough Ashlar
Excellent resource and there are forums where the esoteric is discussed as well. I have learned more from online Brothers than I have in my local lodge. I usually get an deer in the headlights stare if I ask an esoteris question. Or I am refered to a book..... It has been a great help for me.

cemab4y

Excellent piece

I enjoyed the video very much, I sent it to a friend. I lived in Philly for a year, I wish I had made a visit to the temple!

juniordeacon85

NC MASON
With so many masoinic as well as anti masonic sites out there its good and bad. perosonally i like it if you can decifer fact from fiction.

cemab4y

Freemasonry and the 'net

I think the internet has been the greatest boon to Freemasonry, in a long time. I work in Iraq, and we are re-establishing Masonry there. The internet has enabled our efforts to proceed much more efficiently, than if we relied on the Pony Express, and international telephone.

Many lodges in the USA, are reporting increased inquiries, and requests for membership, because of the internet. A lodge in Arlington VA, received 17 new petitions in one month, because of the internet. Whenever a film like "DaVinci code", or "National treasure" appears, there are more internet inquiries about masonry.

More often, the first knock at the door of the lodge, is an electronic knock.

mollyL

What I forgot to add in my last post is that it is great for seekers to be able to communicate directly with Masons and vice-versa. I appreciate having a site to come to for all my questions.

Green-Moo

What I forgot to add in my last post is that it is great for seekers to be able to communicate directly with Masons and vice-versa. I appreciate having a site to come to for all my questions.

I'll second Molly's comment there. Were it not for the internet I would be very unlikely to meet a Mason that I could ask questions of. Just about everything I know about the Masons has been sourced from the internet.

cemab4y

I enjoy all of your inquiries! I am delighted that that there is so much sincere interest in our Gentle Craft. Maybe some of you will choose to petition the lodge! And some of you ladies may choose to petition the Eastern Star, or one of our women's and co-ed organization.

chocoguy

The only thing that comes to my mind when you have ask this question is that you can get a lot of information on the internet on Masonry. Do you know another?

cemab4y

You can always ask a Mason. We are usually delighted to talk about the Craft. I can talk all day about this fraternity.

chocoguy

Internet is a good way to get some new to let the the masons talk to each other from all parts of the world.

Green-Moo

I've actually been astonished about how much information is available on the net. I suppose, like most things, you don't realise it's there until you go looking.

Dwarf

i went less high tech i saw a bumper sticker

I saw a bumper sticker on the back of a car . it said 2 be 1 is 2 ask 1

mike

The internet has no doubt broaden the horizon of knowing and understanding masonary. There are numerous people out there who didnt even knew what the word mason means.

Authencity of the information distributed is something developed by the reader itself. As someone above said that we need leaders not sheep. Those who read, understand and acknowledge it are the ones really needed.