KT Christmas Observance

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Okay , who can give me a reasonably priced , good red wine ? I need to pick up a bottle for our Knights Templar Christmas Observance for the toasts .

G

Gary

What type of wine do you want? There are several reds to choose from. Basically, sweet, dry, or spicy?

My preference is Cabernet or Shiraz. Cabernet is probably the most common. Of those, I like Southern Australian. Yellow Tail is affordable, running around $10-13 for an average to large bottle. Lindeman makes a nice one, and then there is Black Opal.

Just some thoughts. I can throw more out there if you have a different preference.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I am not a wine drinker , never have been , I am into Ky bourbon (when I used to drink) so I know absolutely nothing about wine .

I would like something special for the occasion , but do not want to break the bank . It is just a few toasts , a drink with each toast and the rest will come home with me .

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
My wife really enjoys "Red Cat" it's readily available in our "State Stores" not exactly sure if it is regional or not. There is also a "White Cat" which she likes also, just not as much as the red.

G

Gary

On the spicy side of reds, you have a "Cabernet like" wine called Shiraz. It's got a similar flavor and body of a Cabernet, but is spicy in that it has a sort of "peppery" taste to it.

On the mild side, I might also suggest a Merlot. It's dark, (kind of purple looking) and is very easy on the palate. Not spicy, and doesn't have the "tang" of most red wines (Tannin). I like a little tang, so I normally buy a Cab, or Shiraz.

All of those I mentioned are in the same price range. You can get them in most grocery stores.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
On the spicy side of reds, you have a "Cabernet like" wine called Shiraz. It's got a similar flavor and body of a Cabernet, but is spicy in that it has a sort of "peppery" taste to it.

On the mild side, I might also suggest a Merlot. It's dark, (kind of purple looking) and is very easy on the palate. Not spicy, and doesn't have the "tang" of most red wines (Tannin). I like a little tang, so I normally buy a Cab, or Shiraz.

All of those I mentioned are in the same price range. You can get them in most grocery stores.
Okay thanks , I may look into a Cabernet .

Boons Farm makes a great wine..:D..and if you dont drink it all, its easy to re-seal...no pesky cork to bother with....just twist the lid back on!!!:eek:

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Yeah , or maybe some Mad Dog 20/20 , that there is some good stuff !! Great for a dinner party or a romantic evening with the wife (In the back seat of a car in some dark alley).

G

Gary

LOL...Boone's Farm & MD 20/20 bring back memories...can't say many of them were good....LOL

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
LOL...Boone's Farm & MD 20/20 bring back memories...can't say many of them were good....LOL
When you only had $2 bucks in your pocket , MD 20/20 was all you could afford . No wonder the bums love it so . I shudder ever time I think of Mad Dog , THE sickest I have ever been in my life !!!

G

Gary

When you only had $2 bucks in your pocket , MD 20/20 was all you could afford . No wonder the bums love it so . I shudder ever time I think of Mad Dog , THE sickest I have ever been in my life !!!
Yeah, The mere mention of MD 20/20 makes me shudder too. I think we both bought the same T shirt on that experience brother...