Laminating Membership

Terry S

I've always laminated mine as long as they don't have a seal imprinted. Don't know if its right or not, but no one has ever given me grief over it.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I did a little search on my GL website and through the PDF of the Wisconsin code and while I thought I had seen or heard that laminating membership cards was not allowed, but I didn't find anything.

edwmax

The lamination will usually mash the Lodge seal flat. This could be a problem if visiting in a foreign jurisdiction if there is no seal.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I just got one of those clear card sleeves to put mine in. That way the seal stays nice if I ever have to pull it out and have it inspected.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Our cards don't have an embossed seal.
Just a front and back with some Lodge specifics on one side and GL stuff on the other.

Winter

I've been here before
Our cards don't have an embossed seal.
Just a front and back with some Lodge specifics on one side and GL stuff on the other.
Wisconsin dues cards no longer have the embossed seal on them, it is just printed. They used to and I can tell you from experience what a pain in the third point of contact it was to emboss all of them before sending them out.

If you have an embossed seal on your dues card: Don't do anything that would obscure it as it may be used as part of the vetting when traveling.

If you don't have an embossed seal, laminate away. I do now that our are not embossed.

arcxjo

Goat Jockey
The card is good for a year, why go to such lengths and expense?
So that if your wallet gets wet, the paper cards won't become unreadable.

Mind you, if you use the adhesive sheets rather than a laminating machine, it only costs twenty cents and you won't press out an embossed seal.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
So that if your wallet gets wet, the paper cards won't become unreadable.

Mind you, if you use the adhesive sheets rather than a laminating machine, it only costs twenty cents and you won't press out an embossed seal.
How often do you get the contents of your wallet wet? Jeeze, I can't think of the last time that happened to me ... more than 20 years. Why go to the trouble for something you probably will never need, and should you need it, your Lodge secretary can replace it quickly and with no real bother?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
A couple of months ago , I threw a pair of khaki slacks in the washing machine with my wallet still in the back pocket . But that was the last time my wallet had gotten wet in a very many years .

But you have a point Patrick , The only time I need my dues card is when I am checking in once year at Grand Lodge , other than that it sits forgotten in my wallet or in the drawer beside my chair as that is where they spend most of their time until my new dues card comes in every December .

Winter

I've been here before
I lamenated mine because I felt the need to.

A: I work in a job that is outside every day regardless of the weather. And between Florida storms and water past my waist sometimes, I laminated everything in my wallet.

B: I do not live in my home jurisdiction so I am required to show my dues card whenever I attend Lodge.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Florida sent out hard plastic cards to their perpetual members. There is not seal. Although it has been said some places will not accept it. But I do not think our Lodge has sent out their normal cards yet.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
The lamination will usually mash the Lodge seal flat. This could be a problem if visiting in a foreign jurisdiction if there is no seal.
The heat lamination process would probably flatten the seal, but I most often [enter:/cheapskate mode] just use clear package sealing tape. I've got it at home, it doesn't require a trip to the office supply store,...and it's CHEAP![exit:/cheapskate mode]

:)

S&F