Lodge Meals

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
What has been some of the best cost-effective meals your Lodge has put on? What were some of the most tasty?

Masonic Oak

Our lodge puts on the "famous" spaghetti dinner every year, and has been doing so since the lodges inception. It is a huge hit, makes a decent amount of money for the lodges general budget, and opens the doors of the lodge to the ever curious locals.

And of course it is tasty, it is made by Mason's;)

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
If your just talking about lodge meals before a meeting , I've found the most cost effective , I would have to say chicken and dumplings . The most tasty was when we had barbacued ribs , that we BBQed right there at the lodge , a couple of years ago . Was not cheap but we still have visiting bro's still asking for them .

Masonic Oak

Maybe I misunderstood.

So for the weekly meetings, teching sessions, woodshed's and such, they normally keep it really simple.

Chicken and Dumplings, a crowd favorite.

Spaghetti of course:D.

Cold cuts and sandwhiches.

Things like that, and the occasional BBQ.

What I enjoy most, not matter what is on the menu...Is the fellowship

cmpecic

Cmpecic
We have a new policy this year. We are leaving it up to our members. At the meeting we pick what we want for the next meeting. If it is reasonable that is what we would have.

rustybones49801

A Rough Ashlar
Brother Pecic, I saw the website and the work on your lodge, one word, AWESOME!!! Sorry to hijack the thread, but the Carbon Lodge website is well put together and informative as well. OK, as far as meals..... we just do snacks after lodge. Once in a while we have shredded beef or venison.

mollyL

What do vegetarian members eat at your meetings? Is there one member who decides what is to be eaten,or is that put to the vote?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Usually it's the Stewards that fixes the meals and it's what ever they want to cook . As for the vegatarians question, we have no vegans , so that issue has never came up .

juniordeacon85

NC MASON
we eat on the second meeting on each month useally we have a fees commitie this comming meeting we are having a catered bbq chicken meal @ $8.00 a head. considering we each donate $10.00 each during eating meeting night I thought it was a good idea

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
When I was Master, it was my responsibility to make up the slated menu for the year, then discuss with the cook any revisions to the menu. We normally charge $6 per meal, this usually covers most if not all of the costs, however when a meal runs more than expected, the lodge picks up the tab. On the meeting night when we honor the past masters, all of the past masters eat the meal for free. We also started a new "raffle" for a meal. At each stated meeting meal they started selling raffle tickets, $1 per ticket, The one that is drawn gets a ticket for the next meal free, this helps with the over-run costs too. It also serves as a good incentive for those who win the ticket to come back the following month.

Green-Moo

We also started a new "raffle" for a meal. At each stated meeting meal they started selling raffle tickets, $1 per ticket, The one that is drawn gets a ticket for the next meal free, this helps with the over-run costs too. It also serves as a good incentive for those who win the ticket to come back the following month.

That is a superb idea, and one which I'm going to take away and suggest for a group (non-Masonic) that I belong to. Keeping members to meetings on a regular basis is always a challenge when they have so many other demands on their time.

ninikins

Great idea and fun too, there is nothing wrong with coming up with inventive and fun ways to keep people coming.