Masonic License plates

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Does your jurisdiction have them and if so do you have a set on your car/truck ?

We have them but I do not own a set for three reasons..

1) The new ones are UGLY !!!!
2)I like my Gulf War Vet tag better , and the Veteran's tags are MUUUUCHHHH cheaper which is $5.00 compared to the $35 or more for the Masonic tags .
3) money goes to the Masonic Homes . Our Homes starting taking in non-Masons and is now a for -profit business .

MWS

We have our own here but I do not own one...I spend enough on dues, lol!

Grand Lodge A.F. & A.M. of Canada

cemab4y

I saw the Masonic tags in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. I thought that Kentucky should get them too. I went to my state senator in Kentucky, and made a request that he propose the legislation. He did, and the state legislature passed the law. I did NOT go to the Grand Lodge of Kentucky, if I did, they would sit on the idea, and possibly talk it to death.

Now, in Kentucky, you can get Masonic tags for $25, and the Grand Lodge of KY gets a $7 rebate on each tag sold.

Virginia has a whole family of Masonic tags: Craft Lodge, Shrine, York Rite, Scottish Rite, Prince Hall, Eastern Star, etc.

goomba

In Alabama we have one. It cost an extra $50.00. I am still up in the air cause I like my Army veteran plate.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
None here - yet. It was mentioned the GM would like us to write in to get one. He also wants it open to anyone to get one even if you have no relations to a Freemason.

arcxjo

Goat Jockey
I've got the standard Blue Lodge plate; Pennsylvania also has Scottish Rite, Templar, Shrine, and Tall Cedar plates.

Wallens05

Master Mason
Ohio has them as well not sure on the price I haven't gotten them yet I might when I renew them this year tho.

Steven

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Florida is kicking the idea around. The petition to get one is out there. I have no idea what the design would look like.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
We have our own here but I do not own one...I spend enough on dues, lol!

Grand Lodge A.F. & A.M. of Canada

I agree!

I do however like the design of the tag for Ontario. You Canadians always seem to one up us yanks. Better beer, Hockey, Maple Syrup, RUSH, and now this. Sheesh. :evillaugh:

Reactions: MWS

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
True Gary , Ky's plates are designed by the Masonic Homes and the new one is UGLY . A portion of the money from these plates goes to the Homes so they really wanted us to push them on the Craft but I refused .

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
We are trying to get them in Massachusetts but they are not catching on. At an additional $85- I'm not surprised.

cemab4y

I am interested in the possibility of masonic plates in Florida. I was in Florida for a training conference, back in 2009. I went to a lodge, and the men were talking about getting Masonic plates. There was a man there, who was retired from the Florida Dept of Motor vehicles. He said that the basic idea of a Masonic plate, had been kicking around for some years, but the final approval was held up in the DMV in Tallahassee.

This was over 4 years ago, and the state of Florida is still held up on Masonic tags.

Government runs the post office, and AMTRAK. State governments are just as inefficient. If Florida masons really want to get an official Masonic tag, they need to get the Grand Lodge to push the DMV, and break the logjam.

"Government is like fire, a dangerous servant, and a terrible master"- George Washington, Freemason.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Last years GM was rallying the troops during his annual visits for the cause.

They are still in petition status as far as I Know.