EA Topic Master certification

G

Gary

Article 6, section 5 sub paragraph b clearly states there is no such thing.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Article 6, section 5 sub paragraph b clearly states there is no such thing.
No such thing as a squirrel?

Reminds me of the epic tale of Foghorn Leghorn and the child genius playing hide and seek. F. Leghorn hid in the woodbox and using a slide rule, the child genius calculated that he was in the hayloft (or someplace other than the woodbox) ... and found him there! :D

S&F

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
No , it was after the ON TOPIC rule came into effect . I just forgot to put On Topic only , so I did not play by my own rule .
So, our Super Secret, Secret Squirrel Degree doesn't hold up outside of here???

Sorry Back on topic

I feel that it is necessary to be knowledgeable in not only your rit. but also the by-laws and traditions of the Lodge. I believe in OH there is a test over the code for the incoming WM. It's about 25 questions or so. We also have annual inspection season. Each district travels within itself and visits the scheduled Lodge for some degree work and they're annual report. (number of members, members lost to death, etc...) The degree is on a rotating schedule. This year we'er skipping the FC and heading to the MM to get off the same schedule as the Lodge we rent our building to.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I have been reading were some jurisdictions require the Master to hold a ritual cert . So I will ask it here , before someone may be elected as Master , should they hold a certification in Masonic ritual ? Should they be well versed in all the degrees ? Or is leadership alone enough ?
I doubt our Lodge would be able to hold a meeting if this came into effect.

In a perfect world it would be nice though.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Thanks, but I still want to be Raised (again) in KY, you know just so it's done properly.:p
We went over to Ohio to put on a Ky MM degree . They had a young , new Ohio Master Mason in attendance . His lodge members told him he was getting ready to see it done properly and he merely scoffed at that statement . After it was over he looked at me and stated that he was so happy that he was not Raised in Ky .

Winter

I've been here before
Thanks, but I still want to be Raised (again) in KY, you know just so it's done properly.:p
Why would you go through the degree again? You know how it ends! lol Besides, once you're a MM it's not like you can be demoted. The initiatic experience can't be repeated. It's like chopping down the same tree twice.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
We went over to Ohio to put on a Ky MM degree . They had a young , new Ohio Master Mason in attendance . His lodge members told him he was getting ready to see it done properly and he merely scoffed at that statement . After it was over he looked at me and stated that he was so happy that he was not Raised in Ky .
That's kind of the reason why... maybe in 16 years if my son wants I bring you guys in.

Why would you go through the degree again? You know how it ends! lol Besides, once you're a MM it's not like you can be demoted. The initiatic experience can't be repeated. It's like chopping down the same tree twice.
Touche'! I understand WB. I love the degree work and to be part of a full count, "properly done" MM degree. I had a special with a few guys playing a lot of parts. I love them and wouldn't trade it... but to experience it.

Oh during my FC exam I was an Entered AFellowcraft... Do we have 1.5 degree to go along with squirrel.