Misconceptions

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have noted a couple of misconceptions concerning the OES while reading other Masonic fora .

Misconception # 1 ) I have read where a Mason made the statement that it is part of the "Master Mason's Wages " to sit in on an OES Meeting , member or not . This is untrue . Only members of the Order of the Eastern Star may sit in on a stated meeting or degree work . If you are a Master Mason and have never been properly Initiated , then you are out of luck . This may differ in various jurisdictions (but I honestly do not see how) .The only non-OES members who are allowed to sit in Chapter are children under the age of 2 years old (by-laws :section 235)

Misconception # 2 ) A chapter may not open if a Master Mason (and OES member) is not present . In my jurisdiction , this is false . By-laws : Section 203 , In order for a Subordinate Chapter to open only 1 of the first 4 primary officers and 6 members (any members) may be present to open and conduct business . So if , only the Worthy Matron and 6 female members show up for a stated meeting , they may open and conduct business .

By-Laws : Section 229 If a brother is not present , the Chapter may open and conduct all business except Initiation and balloting .

Winter

I've been here before
Don't the OES worship the devil and that's why they use the upside down star?

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

[snort] [chuckle]

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Another thing I have heard from Masons on the internet is that the ladies do nothing but bicker , argue and gossip so they will not become members of the OES .

Of all the Chapters I have been in , I have never seen this . As a matter of fact , they get along better than many Masons in Blue Lodge . Dinners and functions run much smoother with the OES sisters because they can work better together and are much more organized than many lodges I have been in . As a matter of fact , many functions Blue lodges in my area have had ran smoother because the OES plans and prepares the meals and helps with decorations and setting up .

Another thing I have heard from Masons on the internet is that the ladies do nothing but bicker , argue and gossip so they will not become members of the OES .

Of all the Chapters I have been in , I have never seen this . As a matter of fact , they get along better than many Masons in Blue Lodge . Dinners and functions run much smoother with the OES sisters because they can work better together and are much more organized than many lodges I have been in . As a matter of fact , many functions Blue lodges in my area have had ran smoother because the OES plans and prepares the meals and helps with decorations and setting up .
Thats only because there was a MM present to make sure they didnt get out of line....LOL...JK.... I dont know diddle about the OES....just having fun..

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I've heard good things about OES and Amaranth . But I will not join until my wife decides to and right now she has no interest. Thank you for sharing some info though.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I've heard good things about OES and Amaranth . But I will not join until my wife decides to and right now she has no interest. Thank you for sharing some info though.
I'm not joining until the Mrs. does but her closest friend is going to become a Star point as her mother and father are being installed this fall as WM/WP. SO I think my path to the Star is getting shorter.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I went in before my wife . She could not make up her mind . I do not like to wait for things I want , and I figured if I went in first she would follow .