MMM Degree

RoughAshlar

The day has come and tonight I recieve the MMM degree at Chapter. Like the degree's before it, Im both excited and very nervous. No one has told me anything at all! I know Im going through with 5 other people so it can't be as candidate involving as before...

Can anyone tell me anything? I just need to alleviate my nerves a bit.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
there really isn't anything to be nervous about. The Mark Master degree is another very neat degree. You will enjoy it I have no doubt. Sorry but I'm not giving up any more information about the degree, craftsman. :D

RoughAshlar

Doh, those are the same lines everyone else has been feeding me! LOL I guess if there was anything I really needed to prepare for my sponsors would have told me.

Its only a couple hours away now, Ill let you know how it goes.

RoughAshlar

What a wonderful degree that was! Im very impressed with the members of my Chapter, alot of which are members of my Lodge and a few I know from other lodges in the district. Im not even sure how to describe it, I know Im going to enjoy this journey as much if not more than I did the Blue Lodge.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Good for you

congratulations on your completion of another step in masonry. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it so much. It is quite an entertaining body of masonry as well. If it's anything like my chapter, we have a little more fun with it, as it is not as solemn as blue lodge.
Congrats again.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
In the Chapter we like to have fun with them also . Well , all except for the Royal Arch Degree , we take that one very serious .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
RoughAshlar , Have you been through any of the other YR degrees ? I would like to hear your thoughts on the Royal Arch degree .

RoughAshlar

RoughAshlar , Have you been through any of the other YR degrees ? I would like to hear your thoughts on the Royal Arch degree .
I haven't had the other ones yet, probably in october/november. I can't wait for them though, I'm really looking forward to the Royal Arch Degree.

Chris From California

Proud Master Mason
Man now I can't wait. I'm just now filling out my applications! I see some have said that the degree are just as good if not better as blue lodge!!?! Wow now I'm a little nervous and excited

RoughAshlar

M.e.m.

Well it finally happened, the summer break put quite a delay in things but last night I was received as a M.E.M. It was a short but moving degree. Everything seems to be falling into its proper place now, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I can't wait for my R.A. next month! They are making an all day event of it, with a visitation of a Chapter from New York. It will be the first time I've physically met my brothers from south of the border.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
The Royal Arch degree is absolutely beautiful . That and the Super Ex degree in the Council are two of the most beautiful degrees you will see in any of the appendant bodies . IMHO none of the SR degrees have anything that compares . But then again I love the YR and the SR I can go either way on , take it or leave it , so I am biased .

RoughAshlar

That seems to be a shared opionion of those I've talked to that have done both Rites. Ill eventually do the S.R. but for now it's R.A. and then off to the Chivalric Orders for me.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
That seems to be a shared opionion of those I've talked to that have done both Rites. Ill eventually do the S.R. but for now it's R.A. and then off to the Chivalric Orders for me.

Take your time and enjoy the YR , they have a lot to offer . There will be plenty of time later to join the SR later , and if it's anything up there like it is here ,there will be plenty of SR Masons around to shove a petition in your face everytime you show up at lodge , so you will not have to look very hard to find one .

rustybones49801

A Rough Ashlar
Congrats again RoughAshlar, I had a petition in my hand for the YR, but finances prevented me from following up on it yet. Hopefully, in the future....

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Congrats again RoughAshlar, I had a petition in my hand for the YR, but finances prevented me from following up on it yet. Hopefully, in the future....

I would have talked to them about your finances . If a Brother can not afford the fees in my YR bodies , we go ahead and let him go through the degrees and pay the fees later or a little at a time till he's paid up . The money is unimportant to us . This is why we are not hounding people to join and shoving petitions in their faces . I think of the York Rite like the Marine Corps , The few , The proud .