moving backward instead of forward, to me... is absurd

hall student

can you be a convicted non-violent felon, covered in tattoos... and become a freemason? i've studied a great deal of time over the past couple of years on philosophy, alchemy, freemasonry, and philantrophy. i seek knowledge, and want to become a better man. i have changed my life and want to be apart of something greater than ive ever known.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
This is a tough question to answer . It would depend on a lot of different things . How many years have passed since you were convicted and why you were convicted . It would depend on what you have done to make amends and what you have done to change your life for the better . It would also depend on the jurisdiction you are in and what lodge you want to petition . Some jurisdictions may have a strict "no felon" policy , some may go case by case . Take for example a person was a repeat offender and had a long list of offenses , then he would more than likely have a problem . But if it was a one time mistake that led to a non-violent felony conviction , then maybe he would have a chance . Some lodges would not take felons , period . Some would if you truly turned your life around and are now making a difference .

As for ink , I have tattoos . I have a member of my lodge who has sleeves on both arms . Nothing offensive though .

There are too many variants with this issue for me to give you a definitive answer . Your best bet would be to find a Mason(s) near you and talk to him/them about it . Tell them , better yet , show them how you have changed your life , feel them out , see where the local lodges/Grand Lodge stand on this issue .

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I would have to agree with Ashlar, There are some lodges that would completely object to an individual with a conviction, others may consider it based on your current status. I too have tattoo's, and know other members of my lodge with them too. It's unfortunate that you have circumstances to deal with now, and as Ashlar has suggested, the best case scenario would be to find a local lodge, present your information to them, and let them know you would be interested, however not sure if it is possible. Best of luck to you, and welcome to the forums.

BigG Pauly

I am not a member ,.but my advice to you is that"actions always speak louder than word's" I hope you you understand that no matter how unfair it is,.that is how most of the world work's. Now Im not a conformist or anything, but I have found in my expierience in life that most of us are categorized. That is "put into social group's" And as unfourtunite as this is, we are kinda stuck in these groups. Now dont get me wrong,.there are alway's exceptions to the "norm", but for the most part people see us by the way we look,.and what group we have been put into. Now,.does that mean you are stuck in that group? Well,.like I said,."actions speak louder than word's". I have alway's been one to give some one a chance. But im not "EVERYONE" Im not going to lie to you. you made it hard for yourself. But so did I. I am spending the last five years of my life, fixing the things I did wrong the first 24.If not for people giving me a chance,.I would not be where I am. But the first step is developing a relationship with God. You cant fix yourself till you do that. Thing's will then become easier for you to see and figure out. It sound to me like your definitly on the right path. I dont know you, so I couldnt say for sure,.but Im sure if you continue the way you are,.you will find your place!