My boyfriend is about to become Master of his lodge...

leah

Like my title says, my boyfriend is about to become Master of his lodge and I really want him to see how proud I am of him. I'm trying to find ideas of what to get him as a congratulatory gift. I notice that he seems to think I am uninterested in him being a mason but it's the complete opposite, i find such joy in seeing how much he loves it and want to show him that. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Leah,
If he does not have a formal hat, he will need one. You might ask the current lodge master for advice, in case there are specific requirements for the master's hat in that jurisdiction.
I hope you are able to stay involved...

Sincerely and fraternally,

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Like my title says, my boyfriend is about to become Master of his lodge and I really want him to see how proud I am of him. I'm trying to find ideas of what to get him as a congratulatory gift. I notice that he seems to think I am uninterested in him being a mason but it's the complete opposite, i find such joy in seeing how much he loves it and want to show him that. Does anyone here have any ideas?
Thank you for our interest and desire t see your boyfriend excel as a Mason. Ask him questions about Freemasonry and what it means for him to be a Mason, if you venture to far a field he will rein you in. ;)

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
He will also be using a gavel. The Lodge may have one, but it's always nice to have your own.

In Massachusetts, at least, you are considered a "Past Master" as soon as you take the Oriental Chair. A Past Master's apron could be used anywhere he goes.

As said above, check with a Past Master before buying anything.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
He will also be using a gavel. The Lodge may have one, but it's always nice to have your own.

In Massachusetts, at least, you are considered a "Past Master" as soon as you take the Oriental Chair. A Past Master's apron could be used anywhere he goes.

Same advice I was going to give . Out of all the "gifts" stated above , I think a beautiful Past Master's apron would the most appreciated . Gavels , well , it is a decent idea but after you are a "has been" it will sit and collect dust . Same with a hat , they can be purchased on the cheap just about anywhere and if one is not a hat wearer then it will be another dust collector . I bought my hat for a mere $32.00 and it looks just as good as any expensive hat . But a PM apron will get a lot of use ( the gift that keeps giving as every time he puts it on he will think of you) and the more beautiful ones really make a statement .

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Same advice I was going to give . Out of all the "gifts" stated above , I think a beautiful Past Master's apron would the most appreciated . Gavels , well , it is a decent idea but after you are a "has been" it will sit and collect dust . Same with a hat , they can be purchased on the cheap just about anywhere and if one is not a hat wearer then it will be another dust collector . I bought my hat for a mere $32.00 and it looks just as good as any expensive hat . But a PM apron will get a lot of use ( the gift that keeps giving as every time he puts it on he will think of you) and the more beautiful ones really make a statement .
And you could have a personal message embroidered on the inside....

leah

I much apreciate your response, we are from massachusettes also and that was helpful information... learning new things all the time.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I much apreciate your response, we are from massachusettes also and that was helpful information... learning new things all the time.
I checked your profile and see that you're from Milton. It's a bit of a hike for me as I live in Marblehead, but if I can help, send me a PM and I'll be happy to give you my phone number.

leah

I checked your profile and see that you're from Milton. It's a bit of a hike for me as I live in Marblehead, but if I can help, send me a PM and I'll be happy to give you my phone number.
I actually live in Milford, however when my boyfriend became a mason he was living in chatham so he is going to be master of the st martin's lodge in chatham. It's a bit of a hike for him but they are really great guys and it's a great lodge. Thanks so much I look forward to getting help from you in the future if needed, and knowing myself as well as I do, I'm probably going to be needing it. ;)

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I actually live in Milford, however when my boyfriend became a mason he was living in chatham so he is going to be master of the st martin's lodge in chatham. It's a bit of a hike for him but they are really great guys and it's a great lodge. Thanks so much I look forward to getting help from you in the future if needed, and knowing myself as well as I do, I'm probably going to be needing it. ;)
You couldn't do better...

Once upon a time, a salesman lost traction on a rutted country road.
He saw a farmhouse in the distance and walked to it. As he walked up, he noticed a Masonic emblem on the back of the farmer's car. "Can you help a Brother in distress? I've put my car in the ditch."
The farmer got a heavy chain and drove his tractor to the car, and quickly had it back on the road.
"I really want to thank you for helping a Brother Mason!"
"Oh, I didn't help you because you're a Mason."
"Huh?"
"I helped you because I'm a Mason."

S&F