Other Masonic research sites?

Azpir8king

While I love this forum as "a here and now direct exchange" with fellow Brethren, I was wondering if there are other sites you frequent that contain good reference, historical or pertinent information about Freemasonry? Here are some I like:

http://www.phoenixfreemasonry.com/ Good e-library and cool artifacts
Freemasons For Dummies DUH!! Loved the book, love the site
Freemason Information Masonic Magazine some interesting news bits...

MASONIC EDUCATION, Craft Lodge Instruction, Freemason MasoniSymbols, Fast Track. a few spoilers but lots of good reads

The Masonic Trowel . good material.

Almost forgot: http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.com/culture.html

I was looking to avoid Lodge specific sites, unless they shed light on or have published something of pertinent research or esoteric value.

Please add to my list.

jaya

TheOccult :: Login

Strange name but it is a torrent site. It has a lot of different sections including one on freemasonry. There are a lot of books available to download that are out of copyright and in the public domain. It is a private site and you must have an invite to join. Currently I have 9 invites if anyone is interested. There are over 400 books in the freemasonry section. They have a couple other sections for those of you in the more esoteric way of thinking such as Alchemy, Rosicrucian, and Kabalah. There are also a bunch of "new age" sections that I consider a bunch of hogwash. You do need a program that downloads torrents for it to work. It being a private site, there is very little risk of viruses and I have yet to find an infected file. (I am an IT tech and sort of specialize in virus removal.)

FF Sparky

The Masonic Society, it is a paid site. 40 dollars a year. Along with all the resoureful information and alot of research papers and articles, you do recieve a set of lapel pins, certificate and I think a dues card. Plus they have annual meetings that you open to go to. Brother Chris Hodapp is an member and works with them

jaya

The Masonic Society, it is a paid site. 40 dollars a year. Along with all the resoureful information and alot of research papers and articles, you do recieve a set of lapel pins, certificate and I think a dues card. Plus they have annual meetings that you open to go to. Brother Chris Hodapp is an member and works with them
Brother Hodapp is the editor in chief of TMS. The annual meeting is tied to Masonic Week and there has been some on the left coast/midwest. Many states have a second circle which are TMS gatherings on a state level. There is also a private forum as well. It is a great value for what you get. The journal itself is worth the cost.

FF Sparky

Brother Hodapp is the editor in chief of TMS. The annual meeting is tied to Masonic Week and there has been some on the left coast/midwest. Many states have a second circle which are TMS gatherings on a state level. There is also a private forum as well. It is a great value for what you get. The journal itself is worth the cost.
I use the furom and love the journal, forgot to mention the journal

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
It's a good publication, although they are exceptionally picky on their article submission format/ guidelines. They won't be getting a submission from me anytime in the near future. I'll have to finish a Doctorate degree or two before I meet their muster. The forum is nice, but not all that active.

I agree, it's worth the money.

Rudriq

TheOccult :: Login

Strange name but it is a torrent site. It has a lot of different sections including one on freemasonry. There are a lot of books available to download that are out of copyright and in the public domain. It is a private site and you must have an invite to join. Currently I have 9 invites if anyone is interested. There are over 400 books in the freemasonry section. They have a couple other sections for those of you in the more esoteric way of thinking such as Alchemy, Rosicrucian, and Kabalah. There are also a bunch of "new age" sections that I consider a bunch of hogwash. You do need a program that downloads torrents for it to work. It being a private site, there is very little risk of viruses and I have yet to find an infected file. (I am an IT tech and sort of specialize in virus removal.)
I'd like an invite, please Jaya.

Sent from my GT-S5570L

jaya

When I logged in to send invites it tells me "The current user account limit (10,000) has been reached. Inactive accounts are pruned all the time, please check back again later..."

They only allow a set number of people at a time. I will keep checking to see when the number drops. It opens up on a regular basis because the automatically get rid of accounts that are inactive. I was surprised to see this because a little while ago there was a very low number of people so they had open enrollment without needing an invite. If you sent me a request, I will send the invite as soon as it allows me to and PM you at the same time. I understand they prune accounts at least monthly.