Our numbers

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I am wondering how other lodges are doing concerning new members . We have been very busy conferring degrees

What's it looking like in other Jurisdictions ?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Looking good here in FL. At least one degree going on per month. Not sure what the totals are for the year.

RoughAshlar

we only have 1 initiation planned so far this year, but that is about to change as we just had 3 petitions brought forward.

cemab4y

The national numbers are B-A-D. At the end of 2007, there were 1.48 million masons in the USA (This is all 51 Grand Lodges, F&AM, and does not include Prince Hall). The only Grand lodges to show any increase in 2007, were Delaware and Massachusetts.

The national numbers at the end of 2008, will probably not be any better. Furthermore the average of Masons, is increasing.

SEE:

http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.com/phpnews/show_news.php?uid=105

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I don't know about the rest of the country or the rest of KY for that matter . I just know that lodges in my area have been putting degree work on every month this year .

Komodo

In the Netherlands, there are about 6000 freemasons, in about 150 lodges. So, there are about 40 brethren per lodge here. In the lodge that admitted me as EA, I am the third this masonic year to be accepted.

By the way, our lodge is over 200 years old (founded in 1802) but new lodges are still being founded every now and then in the Netherlands.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Our current lodge numbers are right around 335 members for my lodge. Unfortunately there are normally about 14 that show up for any given meeting. More on special occasions (Past Masters night, 50 year night) We are not really growing though, we gain and lose about the same number each year. Unfortunate to say the least.

RoughAshlar

We just had a couple more petetions come in, the running theme according to my W.M. is the revamp I did on our lodge website. It's something the petitioners have all mentioned as their deciding factor over the other area lodges. It just goes to show that when you provide information, and make the application process as easy as possible people are more likely to make contact.
We live in the information age and to many lodges have no portal to the web, which is where the younger generation is going to go first for answers.

Darrel

Numbers

Our lodge has a website, last updated in 2005. We are currently talking about establishing a Yahoo group for the brethren and the appendant bodies to help keep everyone up to date and give us a calendar. We are trying to find an inexpensive way to update our website or establish a new one to give the public a good place to see us and what we do and also to contact us. Our numbers for the last couple of years are growing. We have done nearly 80 EAs and most have followed through to FC and MM. When I came in, our lodges average age was around 70 and last I heard, it is down to around 62.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I'll check that out JV , thanks . I didn't like Klitzner's free web site's they offer . Put me in mind of the free ones from other sites .