Reunion

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
A bunch of my Marine Corps buddies and I are going to be having a small reunion in Bradenton Fla. in August . I CAN NOT wait to see my Brothers , it has been 20 years since I have seen any of them . There will be around 15 to 20 of us , it will be a blast . We are going to be renting a couple of beach houses and pile into them like the old days of when we used to swoop ( take a weekend trip) to Myrtle Beach .

Just excited !

kblair210

Having lived in Sarasota (right next to Bradenton), I think it's safe to say that town isn't big enough for the 20 of you.. But have fun anyway!

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
My boss is a former Marine and went on one of these reunions last year. He's still recovering.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
A bunch of my Marine Corps buddies and I are going to be having a small reunion in Bradenton Fla. in August . I CAN NOT wait to see my Brothers , it has been 20 years since I have seen any of them . There will be around 15 to 20 of us , it will be a blast . We are going to be renting a couple of beach houses and pile into them like the old days of when we used to swoop ( take a weekend trip) to Myrtle Beach .

Just excited !
Should I look for you in the newspaper then? I can see it now, 20 Marines tear up town at reunion.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
How true BG . I woke up wishing I was dead . In my younger days , I would stay up all night drinking , arrive at the barracks in time for morning PT or morning formation and it would barely faze me .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
There's where you made your mistake.. when you stop drinking is when you feel the pain. You need to keep drinking until you're not drunk anymore. :)
This is true , or I would wake up in the morning and a little hair of the dog that bit me would straighten me right out and make everything right as rain . But even the thought of beer that next morning made me run toward the bathroom .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
A friend will always bail you out, but a good friend would be in the next cell over.

This is true , but my old high school friends would have thrown me under the bus to get out of trouble . My Marine corps buddies would have went to jail with me .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
My buddy works for an airline and got me a free ticket . I will be flying into Tampa on the 8th of August ! I can not wait to see my my Bro's , a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since I seen them last .

Not long ago I called another Marine Corps buddy up in Parma Ohio , his wife answered the phone and when she asked who was calling , I told her my name . She got quiet for a minute and then made the statement " You are real !? I thought my husband was making you up !" , and I do not know how to feel about that . I was rather wild and did some crazy and dangerous stuff back then .

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Too bad some of us Florida forum members couldn't meet up with you. It would be nice to put faces with the names.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We could , we have 3 condos (Seagrass Flats) on Anna Maria Island , if you can handle being around a bunch of Marines with a few beers in them LOL . My buddy lives in Bradenton . That is just down the coast from you and Jason isn't it ?

Winter

I've been here before
I'm in TB, but I know better than to hang out with drunk Marines! LoL. Never fails. I get a drink or two in me and then I start asking them to spell ASVAB. Never ends well. Hahaha.