Service awards

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Here in Ky. we give out 25 , 40 , 50 and 60 year service pin awards . My lodge is going to change ours and start giving a service pin every 5 years . A few of the Masons we are taking in are over 40 and 50 and a couple in their 60's and wouldn't have the chance to get a service pin award .

At our district meeting last night this very thing was brought up and the Grand Master said we could give out any kind of service award we wanted .

What kind of service awards does your lodges have ?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We have one who will be due his 60 year service pin in Dec. but due to bad health he may not make it through the year so we are going to give it to him early .

It may be standard throughout other jurisdictions but I never knew how different from one lodge to another in my area until my district meeting . Some lodges give them every ten years some give them at the 15 year mark then at 25 yr. then 30 and so on .

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Currently, we only give out the specified 25 year service emblem of silver and 50 year service emblem of gold. These are the ones that PA Grand Lodge gives out annually.
On our Past Master's night we provide red carnations to all of the Past Master's, and also recognize 50 year + members.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Those are the one's our Grand lodge gives out and we are going to have to order the other pins for ourselves . I only brought this up because I always thought it was written in stone that those were the only service awards we could give out .