So

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
how are you today?
I am doing great. I have a GL cornerstone to participate in Saturday morning with travel on Friday. After which we will get to go and visit the grandkids in Chadron. Really looking forward to the grandkids.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I'm good, you?

Had a frantic evening last night when I realized I had to not only get ready for Lodge tonight but pack for the weekend...

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Same old , same old . Fighting with the bank because some Yankee has been using the wife's debit card (bank said her card was been compromised) up North and spent a butt load of our money (Card is cancelled but the damage is done) . The niece was hit head on by a drunk driver (she is doing alright , but she is beat all to hell and her car is totaled ) , spent a few hundred dollars on the wife's car because it broke down , the wife and my brother are fighting and I am stuck in the middle and the wife and I have been getting on each other's nerves and have been short with one another .

Another day in paradise !

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Sittin' in the RV at Little River JEB. Went to the beach (almost deserted!), NEX, commissary, etc. Raining right now, so I'm sitting inside, watching the neighbor's dogs run around. Planning to eat Italian tonight.

Life is GOOD.

S&F

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Same old , same old . Fighting with the bank because some Yankee has been using the wife's debit card (bank said her card was been compromised) up North and spent a butt load of our money (Card is cancelled but the damage is done) . The niece was hit head on by a drunk driver (she is doing alright , but she is beat all to hell and her car is totaled ) , spent a few hundred dollars on the wife's car because it broke down , the wife and my brother are fighting and I am stuck in the middle and the wife and I have been getting on each other's nerves and have been short with one another .

That stinks. One reason why I do not like bank cards. If they can fix it, they take around 4 weeks to get the money back into your account. AMEX on the other hand fixes it right away.

Sounds like a vacation to Florida may be in order. It is scallop season. Although up near Gary and Zack have the better grounds for it.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Sittin' in the RV at Little River JEB. Went to the beach (almost deserted!), NEX, commissary, etc. Raining right now, so I'm sitting inside, watching the neighbor's dogs run around. Planning to eat Italian tonight.

Life is GOOD.

S&F
What kind of Italian?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I am doing great. I have a GL cornerstone to participate in Saturday morning with travel on Friday. After which we will get to go and visit the grandkids in Chadron. Really looking forward to the grandkids.
Never been to one. How was it?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I'm good, you?

Had a frantic evening last night when I realized I had to not only get ready for Lodge tonight but pack for the weekend...
I'm above ground, which is good. Being tested by the one above this week. He sure knows how to push the limits.

Did you go somewhere's good for the weekend?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
That stinks. One reason why I do not like bank cards. If they can fix it, they take around 4 weeks to get the money back into your account. AMEX on the other hand fixes it right away.

Sounds like a vacation to Florida may be in order. It is scallop season. Although up near Gary and Zack have the better grounds for it.

Would love to get down to Florida . I was going to be down that way in August , but the money I had going to that vacation went into the wife's car . If I ever get down there I may never come back home .

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Never been to one. How was it?
The cornerstone ceremony went off without a hitch, considering we had very little time to practice. Lunch was scheduled for 11:00 AM and we were to be at the school at 11:45 AM for practice -- lunch started at 11:40 and we got to the school at 12:20 PM and the ceremony started at 1:30 PM and we had to set up everything. I was appointed to take the Grand Secretary's part and read what had been put into the time capsule. The Master of the local lodge forgot that we needed a list of the items in the capsule and got it to me about 5 minutes prior to the GLOs marching in. The good thing about doing the Secretary's job was that I sat on the west end of the front row of chairs next to the building and it was the only chair in the shade when the ceremony started and it was 102 degrees at 2:00 PM. We didn't have to wear our jackets on Saturday.
The elementary school we laid the cornerstone for is the first LIED elementary learning center in the state of Nebraska. Totally green building, a lot of natural light and all the walls and ceilings are designed to make the most of that light, totally secured front entrance and the building can be completely locked down with the push of one button.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
What kind of Italian?
Went to a mid-scale place (pricier than a pizza joint, but they let me in with T-shirt, shorts, and sandals) called Mannino's Italian Bistro, in Virginia Beach. Had the Penne alla Vodka. Good food, service was a little spotty.

S&F

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
Funny that you say that about AMEX. Years ago, AMEX kept allowing charges for Delta Airlines (LAX-ATL) to show up on my account. These charges were always for Rev. Brown, Rev. Black, Rev. Green and Rev White. They couldn't pick up on the pattern and this went on for months. It always took just a phone call to fix, until one day AMEX decided the charges were legitimate, which they weren't. We went at it for years to get it resolved- after I closed the account. I went 20 years without an AMEX card until my employer wanted me to have a corporate card. AMEX balked and brought up these old, fraudulent charges. My employer's CFO had to insist and AMEX finally relented. In my experience, in the long run, they were no better.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Funny that you say that about AMEX. Years ago, AMEX kept allowing charges for Delta Airlines (LAX-ATL) to show up on my account. These charges were always for Rev. Brown, Rev. Black, Rev. Green and Rev White. They couldn't pick up on the pattern and this went on for months. It always took just a phone call to fix, until one day AMEX decided the charges were legitimate, which they weren't. We went at it for years to get it resolved- after I closed the account. I went 20 years without an AMEX card until my employer wanted me to have a corporate card. AMEX balked and brought up these old, fraudulent charges. My employer's CFO had to insist and AMEX finally relented. In my experience, in the long run, they were no better.
That is surprising. They have always been great to me. They even provide an extended warranty for free on some items like TVs. I wonder why the credit card number was not closed so no future transactions can be placed on it.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I'm above ground, which is good. Being tested by the one above this week. He sure knows how to push the limits.

Did you go somewhere's good for the weekend?
Yes, I took the travel trailer to the Newport Kite Festival in Newport, RI. Tons of fun. I took Monday off to recover :)

H

Hank

The best day ever!