Sovereign Grand Lodge of Egypt

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
When I visit a lodge and am tried, I also have the right to demand to see the charter the lodge is operating under. If a charter cannot be produced, it is not a regular lodge.

It's too bad. I may be travelling to the Middle East soon for work. I would have loved to visit a lodge in Egypt while I was there. Unfortunately, it would be a Masonic offence for me to do so.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I emailed the secretary asking if he was actually a Mason. Here is his response:

I am a Freemason. I was initiated, passed and raised in Lodge W.A. Mozart #237 in the Grand East of the Netherlands, regularly recognised by UGLE and is the 2nd oldest Grand Lodge in the world, founded in 1756. My current Mother Lodge is Royal Edward Lodge No. 4787 working in England under the United Grand Lodge of England. We are all regular Brethren and have two Past Grand Masters of Regular Lodges working with us on Formation.
We are talking to United Grand Lodge of England and Scotland directly, as well as many other Lodges around the world. Our object is unite the scattered irregularity present in our Region under a Regularly working GL governing those Lodges. Our path is simple and straight forward, and is only intended to bring benefit to Brethren in our Country, and to the Craft as a whole.

Although the Grand Lodge of Scotland might differ with his claim of the Grand East of the Netherlands being the second oldest Grand Lodge, he claims to be regular. I have not verified these claims.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I emailed the secretary asking if he was actually a Mason. Here is his response:

I am a Freemason. I was initiated, passed and raised in Lodge W.A. Mozart #237 in the Grand East of the Netherlands, regularly recognised by UGLE and is the 2nd oldest Grand Lodge in the world, founded in 1756. My current Mother Lodge is Royal Edward Lodge No. 4787 working in England under the United Grand Lodge of England. We are all regular Brethren and have two Past Grand Masters of Regular Lodges working with us on Formation.
We are talking to United Grand Lodge of England and Scotland directly, as well as many other Lodges around the world. Our object is unite the scattered irregularity present in our Region under a Regularly working GL governing those Lodges. Our path is simple and straight forward, and is only intended to bring benefit to Brethren in our Country, and to the Craft as a whole.

Although the Grand Lodge of Scotland might differ with his claim of the Grand East of the Netherlands being the second oldest Grand Lodge, he claims to be regular. I have not verified these claims.
It would be most interesting to see if UGLE or the GLoS vet him. I have my doubts.

Bill_F

Brethren,
Still being new to the Fraternity, and still learning about clandestine, irregular, etc., perhaps i'm being a little naive here, but I've seen the interaction on Facebook between the group calling themselves the Sovereign Grand Lodge of Egypt and the "you know who" that people are mentioning here, and I don't believe they are connected. It seems maybe the SGLE spoke a little too soon, and shouldn't have "advertised" (for lack of a better term) themselves before they were recognized and accepted. Obviously I wouldn't converse Masonically with them until my Grand Lodge recognized them. But I don't see the harm in speaking with them in a forum that's open to Masons and Non-Masons about things that are permissible to speak about. Of course, I remember my Obligation, and I would ALWAYS err on the side of caution. This is just my humble opinion. :)

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Brethren,
Still being new to the Fraternity, and still learning about clandestine, irregular, etc., perhaps i'm being a little naive here, but I've seen the interaction on Facebook between the group calling themselves the Sovereign Grand Lodge of Egypt and the "you know who" that people are mentioning here, and I don't believe they are connected. It seems maybe the SGLE spoke a little too soon, and shouldn't have "advertised" (for lack of a better term) themselves before they were recognized and accepted. Obviously I wouldn't converse Masonically with them until my Grand Lodge recognized them. But I don't see the harm in speaking with them in a forum that's open to Masons and Non-Masons about things that are permissible to speak about. Of course, I remember my Obligation, and I would ALWAYS err on the side of caution. This is just my humble opinion. :)
While your line of thought is good in theory, in reality you are just asking for trouble and headaches.

We avoid such contact like the plague that it is.

Bill_F

LOL... I do have a problem sometimes with things that look good on paper, but aren't always practical in real life.