space savers

johnny

My house seems to be getting smaller and was wondering what the best way to optimize space would be. The shelves seem to take up more room than helping.

Brenda_Lee

I was struggling for space a few years back. I started taking notes from Clean House and I am now a changed woman. I think space savers are great but getting rid of the clutter is essential. Try going to all the stuff and asking yourself... do I really use this? could it benefit someone else? do I want it just for sentimental reasons?

Necktie

Rethinking shelves

I had to rethink the way I look at shelves. I now no longer used the full sized shelves book cases. Instead I have installed higher shelves and corner shelves. Here is a good example of corner shelves that would work well. Here are some examples of other creative shelves. The point is to find the right ones and to keep them organized.

StoneH

That's it. Getting rid of the clutter and throwing things I don't need anymore is my biggest challenge. I spent a lot of money to get them so why do I have to lose them for free?

G

Gary

That's it. Getting rid of the clutter and throwing things I don't need anymore is my biggest challenge. I spent a lot of money to get them so why do I have to lose them for free?
Why throw it out if it's of value? Sell it in a yard or garage sale. Make some money from your clutter. ;)

Sammy

I am going through the same thing right now! I am asking my self if I will ever use stuff or why I even have it. I am a pack rat and trying to change my ways. If anyone has other suggestions I would also like to know! My wife says I am getting a little better, but still need work.

G

Gary

My buddy has a rule: "If I haven't used it or thought about using it in a year.... It goes!"

Needless to say, he has no clutter or accumulated treasure...LOL

iMav

-==-
A friend of mine, when they move, throws away boxes which haven't been opened 6 months after the move has been completed.

No way my wife could do that. :). (and no way am I ever moving again. I tell my wife all the time that the coronor is going to be hauling my dead body out of this house)

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
If it is of value, consider donating it to a thrift store (GoodWill, for example).
I will donate to the Salvation Army , but never to Goodwill . Our local Goodwill's employees keep everything of value for themselves and only puts out the junk .

Alex44

Getting rid of the stuff you don't use is step one. It can be hard though as you start thinking, but what if I need this in 3 months. As far as space savers, we have bought some of those under the bed drawers that are on wheels and slide right under the bed.