The Book of Hiram

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I was recently asked about this book by someone. The person did not remember the author, and the only book close to this I could find on Amazon is this one http://www.amazon.com/Book-Hiram-Freemasonry-Venus-Secret/dp/1402735200/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325348599&sr=8-1 The description sort of complies with what the person was saying, about how Freemasons do not understand the rituals we do, and are blindly following, and I'm sure most of you know the rest of that trail.

So my question. Has anyone read this book and care to share their thoughts?

Winter

I've been here before
Wild speculation combined with blatantly inaccurate historical information while they throw together all of the "popular" theories of the day into a hodgpodge that, while entertaining to read, provides little real and reliable information for the serious student of Freemasonry. And you can quote me on that! lol

Add to that the fact that they (in my opinion) blatantly violate their Ob. with the detail they give of certain rituals.

I own several of their books and I have to say that I would not recommend them. There are far better books out there.

lawshee

Thanks for the information. Can you share some of the books you would recommend? I am in the process of learning what I can as I am still going through the motions of becoming a mason. I have read, Masonic Symbols for dummies, freemasons for dummies and walking with the widow's son, which I thought are all great books for beginners.

CoachN

Builder Builder
Thanks for the information. Can you share some of the books you would recommend? I am in the process of learning what I can as I am still going through the motions of becoming a mason. I have read, Masonic Symbols for dummies, freemasons for dummies and walking with the widow's son, which I thought are all great books for beginners.
If you want to know more about Masonry, as opposed to Freemasonry, try the following Uncommon Masonic Education Series of Books: Building Builders Series - Uncommon Masonic Education - Volume 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5

You'll be surprised at what you didn't know and didn't see but suspected was there all along. :1-wink-grin:

But, only after you become a Mason.

goomba

CoachN

Builder Builder
If you want to know more about Masonry, as opposed to Freemasonry...Could you elaborate on this?
Sure Bro.

Freemasonry is about the Organization of Freemasons. It's concerned with Preserving the Code that Builds Better Men. It does this through Maintaining the Organization and its membership. It provides to its members Structures that support this end. History, Biographies, Law, Tradition, Etiquette, Ritual, Catechism, Choreography, etc. are all provided in abundance. Advancement occurs through proficiency that support Organizational concerns related to Preserving the Code.

Masonry is about Making good Men better. It does this though specific training that assist men in Recognizing, Understanding and Executing the Preserved Code that is found within Freemasonry's Ritual and associated information. It provides men with ample opportunities for improvement through their own directed efforts. Advancement occurs through Mastering what each Degree represents and directs men in what to do to bring about Mastery.

Check out the following free video if you want more info: The Coaches Coach on Vimeo