The religious Right and Freemasonry

SageMother

I know th eCatholic Church has condemned Freemasonry in the past but has the religious right taken any stance on Freemasonry?

ncjwr

is that something new? my grandfather was very much a part of the "religious right", he was a southern baptist minister and also a dedicated mason.

reviewer

The current "religious right" fears any organization with political clout other than themselves. They often find Masonic rituals as "pagan" or "Satanic" because they don't really understand them and what they mean.

ncjwr

i may not be all of the so valled "religious right". my close friends husband is a very dedicated mason and what most would call a member of the "religious right".

i am also very conservative and strong in my faith...what some who know no better would call "religious right".

i think it depends upon the education and willingness to listen on both sides. people can wrongly make up notions about one another on both sides when closed minds are involved.

pingpong abyss

I read somewhere that Pat Robertson was spreading a bunch of stuff about freemasonry, and not in the good way.

I'm nut sure if there's an official stance that their all joined in on, though.

ncjwr

the media may portray a stance on the issue...but as far as i know there is no official stance on free masonry. my church is considered part of the religious right

after asking around...i have found out there are many masons and many women that are in eastern star

we all sould never believe everything we hear...

accer

The last time I checked, there was no issue between the Catholic Church and Freemasonry. Of course there IS a new Pope so that may have changed along with many other things...

Shadow Wolff

what about pagans that want to join to uphold family tradition do they have a right in the eyes of higher ups because a true pagan doesnt worship multiple gods they choose one god or goddess to follow but they recognize that other gods such as the christian god do exist

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
The freemasons do not suffer religious disputes within the lodge as it is a topic which is too easy to offend and become angry about. The purpose of the freemason fraternity is to take good men and make them better. One thing that you must agree to is that you believe in a "Supreme Being" Freemasonry does not designate which one though. Members from around the world are members, from various religions, social status, backgrounds, etc...
I do NOT want to get into a dispute, but I want to merely ask (because I am not familiar with "Pagan" religion) how does the Pagan religion work, as far as believing in one god, yet accepting that there are various other dieties?
Thanks for your understanding, and I look forward to your response.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Ex-Masons for Jesus is a joke , and ran by a bunch of clowns , who's so-called ministry receives a tax exempt status for nothing more than railing against Freemasonry and it's appendant and concordant bodies . If you feel like getting your blood pressure up or to shake your head in disbelief , then by all means go there . Other than that , that site is not worth your time . I've visited EMFJ a few of times in the past and let it make my blood boil ,but no more . I have come to the conclusion what as to they think does not matter . To tell the truth , I would not post a link to their sites nor will I send anyone there , let alone post on their site to tell them how wrong they are . By visiting their site and/or posting on their forum gives them the attention they so crave .

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
I would say it has less to do with "religious right" and more to do with zealots. Extremists are against religious tolerance.