TSS

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Has anyone ever heard of a forum shutting down access- and posting a message that the site is "on a break"?

Me thinks that there is so much turmoil that the admins decided to shut the forum down for a while.

Wow...

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Not really. Its a knee jerk reaction. Instead of dealing with the trouble makers individually, the punished every member of their forum.

The admins and mods werent moderating. Sad.

edwmax

Yes, ... Mastermason.com did that some years ago and it was again a consideration about a 1 1/2 years ago. It becomes necessary when the Admins and Mods are at odds. This usually cause a split with forum members taking sides with different Admins. Shutting down the forum is a quick way for the Chief Admin or 'Forum owner' to regain full control and realign "supporting Admin"s priorities. ....

Let a group of Admins being to think they can take over a forum and boot the owner off ... reality hits hard when the owner simple walks over and UNPLUGS the server for 30 days.

... but TSS was not a favorite forum of mine, although I am a member ...

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
We wont ever have that problem here. The only admin is the forum owner... Lol

We dont dare cross him as e has a wickedly evil sense of humor.

I like TSS because of the variety, I cant say I care for the rivalry there though.

Too many chiefs and not enough indians will cause such power plays.

CoachN

Builder Builder
I used to enjoy going over there. I am greeted by Rubbish more often than not these days.

edwmax

Too many chiefs and not enough indians will cause such power plays.
that's what happened to MM.com in 2010 & 2011 .... although I caught much of the blame ... i was on a few admins butts because they were selective about who was moderated. ... Those admins left on their own and I haven't made any new replacements. Myself & stonecutter (when he logs on ???), and lately Flotown started logging on again.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
One admin, and several moderators works well for us.

The admin is laid back, and he lets us run the show. He listens to our recommendations and acts accordingly using his best judgement. Its worked well so far.

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
TSS = The Sanctum Sanctorum. It's back up and Cliff left a Admin message warning the members to stop with the petty attacks. I use TSS for historical research, but as of lately it got really political between a handful of members.

Effingham

MEDIA VITA IN MORTE SVMMVS
I just joined there but all I'm seeing is the top two forum-topics -- "Rules & Mission Statement" and "Forum News and Announcements."

Is there actually more? Looks like a waste of time if that's all there is.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I just joined there but all I'm seeing is the top two forum-topics -- "Rules & Mission Statement" and "Forum News and Announcements."

Is there actually more? Looks like a waste of time if that's all there is.
There is more. The home page is a little confusing.