Video Games

Winter

I've been here before
Brothers,

Does anyone here play COD on XBox? If so, we should get together. My gamertag is King Hiram. (I know, go figure, right!)

p.s. If you don't know some of the words above, you probably don't! lol

COD is an acronym for Call Of Duty. A first-person shooter (FPS) video game. The recently released 7th game in the series is known as Black Ops and is the cat's meow! :)

Call of Duty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have an Xbox 360 and love it but i do not have a 'live" account . To strapped for cash for those little extras .

Right now , I am re-playing Gears of War . I just ordered Red Dead Redemption ; Undead Nightmare .

Winter

I've been here before
Ashlar, I hear ya about the extras! lol That's why I pay for my Live acount a year at a time, it's only $50 a year for gold.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I also still play my old Playstation (do not have 2 or 3 ) to this day because I love the original Resident Evil .

R

removed121010

man i boosted for the PS3 for the blu ray player but don't have many games just COD and prototype CALIboys5150

G

Gary

This may be a stupid question, but my son has a Wii. Can you play COD live with other players on a different gaming platform?

I was thinking about getting COD (black ops if it's available) for "him" <cough cough> if it is.

Winter

I've been here before
So, let him have his wii and get an XBox 360 for yourself! lol

You can get a 360 at Gamestop for $99.99 now.

G

Gary

My best friend did that, and his wife was NOT pleased. I don't know if I want to share the dog house with him or not.

Worst case scenario is that I take the big screen HDTV and the X Box and sleep at the Lodge. It's only a block away...LOL

Although my son has been asking for one. We'll see. :D

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Do you have the option of playing "Black Ops" as a FPS and TPS ? I am not crazy about First person shooters . I like to see my character as in Gears of War .

DavisB

I think the TPS option in Black Ops is a great feature. It is a fun way to switch things up from hours of the FPS. It changes the game and makes it feel new.

Winter

I've been here before
There was some talk in the forums about a TPS feature for Black Ops but I think it was dropped. Looking at the forums, it was one of the least popular modes in MW2.

Winter

I've been here before
You're crazy, Tom. :)

Xbox will always win over PS.

I can live without a BlueRay. I don't even own any BRD's.

Azpir8king

You're crazy, Tom. :)

Xbox will always win over PS.

I can live without a BlueRay. I don't even own any BRD's.
Because you don't have a PS3, so there is no point in owning Blu-ray movies, huh?

If I wanted a GAME console, then the Xbox (post red ring of death) may win, but I wanted an ENTERTAINMENT console capable of more...the PS3 wins hands down. The games rival Xbox and in many cases cross over. The graphics are slightly less than Xbox, but still 1080P and indistinguishable by the human eye in game play.

Plus, The PS network is FREE. Online multi player gaming is FREE. it comes with more standard features and storage than the Xbox. It comes with rechargeable paddles std. Etc, etc, etc

This is an discussion that has lines drawn in the sand. I believe I made the right decision based on features, expandability, capablity and cost. :cool:

Winter

I've been here before
True, and both systems measure speed in teraflops (translation: fast). But XBox will always win because of the quality of the FPS games they release over PS3. And by paying for my online play, I get a certain level of support that a free network doesn't provide.

Azpir8king

If you live for FPS....maybe. But games like Uncharted and Assasins Creed POP are realsitic and awesome on PS3. HAZE stunk up the joint and I was really dissapointed inthe released version. I am more into something that requries thinking than button mashing. Different strokes.

As far as support for the free system....I have never needed it. Its always been seemless. From Motorstorm on through Ghost Recon.