What does 'courage' mean to you?

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Courage: It is the gut wrenching feeling when your entire body tells you that you should go, but your brain and heart know it is the right thing to do to stay. The ability to stand up and voice your opinion as your own against all who oppose it. Courage is the motto of many who defie the odds and conquer the troubles that life may have thrown at them. Courage is that virtue we all possess, but few demonstrate in todays world of political correctness. Courage is not brute strength conquering the objective but rather, the meek fullfilling their own destiny by combating the snears of the insideous. Courage can be seen by anyone and everyone in every situation. Courage to speak out, Courage to speak up, Courage to try something you've never done before. Courage to fight the unseen and unknown from within our own bodies. Courage is a belief in yourself to know that you can prevail, even when everything in your world is telling you that you will fail.
Real Courage was taught to me in a way I can honestly not describe, My friend fought that unseen killer with a courage and fortitude that we can only hope to match. My friend was taken from this world by cancer in his early 20's. Courage is something that he bestowed upon everyone in his life. This is just a small tribute to his memory, Ever remembered Joe H. '98