What keeps you coming back to lodge ?

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
The booze :evillaugh:

Just kidding. I work in an environment where if one of our systems is down for as little as five minutes in a month it can cost my company six figures. Silencing my phone, putting on a tuxedo and sharing an hour of civility, friendship and charity with the best people I know is the perfect little vacation. They say you get out of Masonry what you put into it. I think you get a lot more.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I enjoy watching men in my lodge move closer to becoming Masons.
There's a lot in the membership of the lodges who come in and believe that Masonry is something that it is not. They may feel it is a group of business or politically connected people who can benefit them, they may think it is a club with membership exclusive to...their group, may they believe it is like a gang that demands respect and will threaten and bluster until they feel they have gotten it.
Those who start to feel the Friendship, Morality, and Brotherly Love, begin to listen instead of talk and dictate, look forward to visiting distant lodges to see the ways we can perform our rituals and ceremonies differently and still remain brothers, to see that it is more important to focus on our commonalities than our differences.
When our members are doing these things, and more, they are becoming Masons, and I relish in seeing it.

S&F

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I agree with the vacation from life. I get to see some of my best friends. During degree work I get to use my voice as the Chaplain, which I enjoy very much.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Here is a twist- My Lodge has actually decreased their attendance by no longer serving a meal before the meeting. The reason being, that there were Brother's who would just show up for the food. While that's not normally a problem, the till would always be short, even though these Brothers had the money to pay.

I just returned to my Lodge for the first time in 15 months as of last night. What keeps me coming back? My own personal desire to spend time with my brethren. Even if it is only for a business meeting.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I find worrying about the meals to be THE biggest pain in my butt than anything else in lodge ! There is always someone complaining , there is always those members that throw in $.50 up to a whole $1.00 bill (and they are the ones normally complaining that the meal was to skimpy!!!) who do have the money and the brethren out of work , struggling to pay their bills or on retirement throw in the most .

If it were up to me , we would quit this tradition and when lodge is closed walk a block from the lodge and throw back a scotch and shoot the breeze with those who wished to come with me .

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
The good news is that if I decide to jump back in Line (they asked me last night), I wouldn't have meals to worry about as JW when I finally got to that chair! LOL