pdh825

Master Mason
Congrats. I know in my lodge, the SD is responsible for giving the Middle Chamber lecture. No small undertaking there.

NO MC lecture for me:eek:.....our Sec does that. Hes the only person in the Lodge that knows it.

I am currently on the investigation committee,mentoring new Brothers, been asked to be the county rep for the SR, I am a full time student besides learning the SD work, I have two 10 year olds in my house....and sole income for the house ( notice I didnt say I am the only one working in my house.....she reads this forum sometimes and knows my screen name....I am not a dummy). Learning the MC lecture is something that might come later in my journey.

G

Gary

Congrats! If you ask me, the SD is the best chair in the Lodge. I'll be the JS next year, and will hopefully hop to a better chair the following year.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Congrats! If you ask me, the SD is the best chair in the Lodge. I'll be the JS next year, and will hopefully hop to a better chair the following year.
I love both years I served as Junior Steward.
The second time we had a little difficulty filling all the officers' chairs, so I agreed to serve.
I was visiting an area lodge one night that year and was introduced as "Past Master Bob..." I stood and saluted the East and started,
"Worshipful Master, I am wounded...WOUNDED! I am not just a has-been. I am a sitting officer of Wayne Lodge.
I am...JUNIOR STEWARD!"

:D

S&F

Thank you for all the congratulations....Lodge of Instruction ( IN version of an inspection) is Feb 7....EA degree.

Bro. Franks.....I look forward to introducing you too....

Lieutenant

Elections

Elections at our Lodge are next Monday night. It is very important to go to cast your vote for the persons that you feel would best represent Masonry and that would best represent you.

A good strong lodge is important. Vote and take part!:)

Winter

I've been here before
I've never been a member of a Lodge where a chair was contested. LOL The Incoming Master sets his line well in advance of the elections so the votes are largely a formality.

Winter

I've been here before
And you always have to have one Brother who votes nay on every vote just to be a jack hole! LOL

Winter

I've been here before
Who knows. Some of the clicks on the sidelines in some Lodges can be annoying. I know it annoys the Secretary! Thankfully, our new EC Lodge appears to have left that stuff behind.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
fireman congratulations I know you will enjoy your year as SD, I know I did.

I was told by my dad, prior to taking the SD chair that if you learned the part well, and listened, it would help you in all the elected offices. You know what............he was right.:D:D

Maybe that is why I am a 4 time (plus the coming year's) Secretary.........either that or a lack of gray matter.

Winter

I've been here before
I'm there are several of us that could already retire with a full pension from Jackassery! LOL