Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
visiting Indiana

When ya come to IN...if we have any degree work going on, we just might dust off some of that Hoosier Mason in ya....
I was honored to deliver the Lecture of the Entered Apprentice Degree last June at ...uh, better not say, since there was no time to get GL of IN permission!

:)
S&F

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
It's a real 'Let George do it,' situation. They don't want the responsibility of any office, they don't want to learn a lecture, or even any short piece, and they won't come out for degree practice!
But they want to come to the lodge and see quality degree work.

[sigh]
S&F

I really enjoy visiting another lodge and seeing quality degree work. But I really enjoy seeing a brother do a part of the degree for the first time, knowing how much work it takes to learn the parts. It reminds me that Masonry is progressive, and that it takes all the brethren coming together in order to pull off a degree -- even those who want to "Let George do it."

Well....the WM just sent me a text asking if I can do two new parts in the MM degree and guess what I did........I said yes....luckily it isnt a big part....I have until the 29th to learn it.

TrowelTalk

Well Brothers, it looks like I will be headed into the West in the new year. And all you Past Masters know what I'll have on my plate to learn and perform in 2011 to get ready for 2012... :eek::D

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Well Brothers, it looks like I will be headed into the West in the new year. And all you Past Masters know what I'll have on my plate to learn and perform in 2011 to get ready for 2012... :eek::D
Congrats , that is my most favorite seat in the house .

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Congratulations, you will enjoy the West and ....... looking to the East in 2012.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Well....the WM just sent me a text asking if I can do two new parts in the MM degree and guess what I did........I said yes....luckily it isnt a big part....I have until the 29th to learn it.
fireman, at least you have 2 weeks to learn your parts:p. Your WM obviously has confidence in you or he wouldn't have asked.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
As I've gotten more involved in ritual, and now become the DDGL, some members of my lodge are indignant that I am leaving the secretary's desk after only a year. I only took it this year because last year on election night no one else would.
The same brothers become even more indignant when I ask them why they can't be secretary!
It's a real 'Let George do it,' situation. They don't want the responsibility of any office, they don't want to learn a lecture, or even any short piece, and they won't come out for degree practice!
But they want to come to the lodge and see quality degree work.

[sigh]
S&F
All that being said, Bob, you can't be an authentic secretary until you've held the post five years. ;)

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Ah. So you know how to shake your finger and say, "That's not how we did it in MY year!"
Nope, I just shake my head and "think to myself" Damn, you didn't pay attention when I was trying to teach you. Then the WM says, well it's how I'm doing it!! j/k he doesn't realize he's doing anything wrong.