3 books for a newbie

GlennH

With christmas fast approaching can somebody steer me towards 3 good Masonic books? I'm interested in history, ritual and symbols...and would prefer plain language text for now. Thanks in advance, Glenn.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
The Craft and It's symbols by Allen E Roberts (Around $9 off Amazon.com)

The Freemasons Key: A Study In Masonic Symbolism

These are two good ones on Symoblism

Building Hiram Blogspot / Books I wrote

hope this link works...if not do a googl search for Building Hiram... I am hoping to get them soon...have heard some really good reviews of them....

Winter

I've been here before
Ashlar, it's a great book and you can get it free in ePub format at plenty of internet sites or if you have a B&N Nook or the Nook app on your iPhone, or Android devide it is there as well.

GlennH

Building Hiram Blogspot / Books I wrote

hope this link works...if not do a googl search for Building Hiram... I am hoping to get them soon...have heard some really good reviews of them....
fireman99- Where do you work? I'm a FF/EMT-P on Cape Cod....

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
The Craft and It's symbols by Allen E Roberts (Around $9 off Amazon.com)

The Freemasons Key: A Study In Masonic Symbolism

These are two good ones on Symoblism
Have The craft & ... coming from my library.
Bought Freemason's key from Borders with a gift card from Xmas.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Ashlar, it's a great book and you can get it free in ePub format at plenty of internet sites or if you have a B&N Nook or the Nook app on your iPhone, or Android devide it is there as well.
Due to my eyesight and my glasses , I perfer to read from books . I get headaches and sick to my stomach when reading from a screen for long periods . Even when on this forum I can only look at the screen of my laptop for a few minutes and then I must stare off into space . That is why I have to edit my posts so much , my eyes start to strain , I hit submit and have to go back and finish my thoughts (some times) . And once I get rolling on a book I like to keep reading or I lose my train of thought (OOOH look , something shiny !)

With that being said , I found it on Amazon for $8 .

Winter

I've been here before
You guys won't be disapointed. It's a great read! I just got my copy of the Novo Clavis Esoterika. I can't put it down!

ereep

Erik
What about Morals and Dogma

Is Morals and Dogma a good choice for an EA to read ,or is it stillover the top for some one at that point? What works would be recomended?

Thank You

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Is Morals and Dogma a good choice for an EA to read ,or is it stillover the top for some one at that point? What works would be recomended?

Thank You
Others may disagree with me but I am going to say no . Right now you have a lot on your plate with all there is to learn in the Craft degrees to delve into that tome .

As of right now , stick with the basics , learn your catechism , learn from your mentor , learn the ins and outs of true Freemasonry (The 3 degrees) and after your Raised , then you can branch out . But this is just me , others may think differently . But there is much to learn in the Blue Lodge that you may never need to look outside of it to learn more .

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
The Builders

Started reading The Builders yesterday. I am a wordsmith of sorts and Joseph has a way with words. What is interesting to me is that the book was donated by my Lodge to the library in 1971!

Just my 2 cents but I dont think any EA or FC should be reading anything besides the catechism until they have been raised....BUT if you really want to read something try Freemasons for Dummies or the Complete Idiots Guid to Freemasonry....both are good books written for the non-mason as well as a mason...by two well respected Brother Masons