Aprons

Winter

I've been here before
Ok, new here so no dis-respect but are you all saying you get a nice lamb skin apron and then put it away until you're dead and in the mean time use a linen cloth taken from a box for regular meetings?

Is that common practice in the US? In Canada...or at least in the province of Ontario, we are required to purchase a rather ornate lambskin apron ourselves and we wear it every single meeting.

And when we pass, it's common for the estate to donate the apron back to the lodge where it's displayed as an historical piece and badge of honor for a dearly departed brother.

You're initiated with a lambskin and given the speach about the importance of it and then you put it away forever? Makes no sense to me. It's a badge of honor and should be worn.
Bro. Marc, you hit the nail on the head. Everyone knows I'm opinionated so I won't sugar coat this one either! lol

I believe that if you are not wearing a lambskin apron, you are not "properly clothed" for the opening of a Lodge of any degree.

Feel free to disagree, but I think this is another one of those practices that crept into American Masonry that is just sad.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Bro. Marc, you hit the nail on the head. Everyone knows I'm opinionated so I won't sugar coat this one either! lol
You? Opinionated? Say it isn't so!!!!

I believe that if you are not wearing a lambskin apron, you are not "properly clothed" for the opening of a Lodge of any degree.

Feel free to disagree, but I think this is another one of those practices that crept into American Masonry that is just sad.
Yeah .... I dunno why or when the practice started here, but I agree: lambskin is the way to go!

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
You? Opinionated? Say it isn't so!!!!

Yeah .... I dunno why or when the practice started here, but I agree: lambskin is the way to go!
I agree as well that Patrick might be outspoken,,,:1-wink-grin: (I worry, he is kinda old, and if he were to fall off his high horse, it could be bad :eek:)

As for the apron, that is why I bought my own, I saw the cloth aprons at the lodge and they just didn't do it for me. :confused:

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Ok, new here so no dis-respect but are you all saying you get a nice lamb skin apron and then put it away until you're dead and in the mean time use a linen cloth taken from a box for regular meetings?

Is that common practice in the US? In Canada...or at least in the province of Ontario, we are required to purchase a rather ornate lambskin apron ourselves and we wear it every single meeting.

And when we pass, it's common for the estate to donate the apron back to the lodge where it's displayed as an historical piece and badge of honor for a dearly departed brother.

You're initiated with a lambskin and given the speach about the importance of it and then you put it away forever? Makes no sense to me. It's a badge of honor and should be worn.
I would not call them "Nice Lamb skin aprons" . The aprons we get are cheap , mass produced aprons that look as if they have been sewn by a freshman home-ec class .

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I like the last one if for no other reason than it's shiny :) Why do you want a blue lodge apron? They usually supply those.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I have a personal blue lodge apron because when I go somewhere I'd like to have 1 of my own

jaya

I want to get a custom apron made but am waiting until after I am WM so that I will just buy a PM apron.