Are You The First Mason In Your Family?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Often times you hear from other members that their Father or Uncle was a Mason. This isn't true in my case. As far as I know I'm the only one in many, many years to be a Mason. My mom thinks we may have one back in the 1800's, but we cannot 100% prove he is related to us.

So I'm just wondering how many firsts we have.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I am second in my family. My father was the first in our family, I followed him about 5 years after.

PM#232

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I am second in my family. My father was the first in our family, I followed him about 5 years after.

PM#232
I actually watched a father and son go through the EA earlier this year. I thought that was pretty cool that they did it together.

accer

My Great Grandfathers, Grandfathers, and Father were all Masons. It's definately a tradition in our family. I have hopes that my nephews will follow but it doesn't yet look promising.

G

Gary

This is an old thread but I thought it'd be fun to rehash for some of the newer members...

As far as I know, I'm the only member in my family that is a Freemason. I've been working on my family genealogy for the last 20 years or so and I haven't run across one yet.

Azpir8king

No Masons in fell out of my family tree when I shook it, so I am the first as far back as Great-great grandfathers (and uncles,etc).

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I'm the first Mason in my side of the family. My father in law was 32nd degree SR but I never had the honor of meeting him.

TrowelTalk

As a small child I remember having a great-uncle who wore a black onyx ring with the SC, and a great-grandmother who mentioned she was a Job's Daughter.

But these were very old relatives who died when I was a child, so I did not have that guidance and this was not what led me to the Craft. It was a desire to be part of something bigger than myself, and to be part of something that advertises its purposes as "Making Good men Better".

DBovia

I'm the first in my family (that I know of). I'm 100% sure I'm the first one in New Mexico from my family. We hail from Ohio.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
My uncle by marriage was a Freemason . I am the only one in my immediate family , and it looks like it will stay that way for awhile since I refused to give my own Brothers petitions . My nephew is starting to show an interest , and has passed the joking about it phase and is asking serious questions . He is a student at UK and great young man .

UK......what!!!....we need to talk about that, maybe after he finishes classes at that Junior College....JK Brother, wanted to get your blood pumping this morning...UK is a Fine school...the FC I am mentoring is a UK Grad....

G

Gary

UK......what!!!....we need to talk about that, maybe after he finishes classes at that Junior College....JK Brother, wanted to get your blood pumping this morning...UK is a Fine school...the FC I am mentoring is a UK Grad....
You better hope he has had at cup of coffee before he reads that...LOL ;)

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
My blood did almost boil !!!! We here in Ky do not like our Wildcats badmouthed , with the exception of those who live in Louisville and they do not count as real Kentuckians .

I just wanted to make sure you was awake....posting and being sleepy can be a bad thing... UK is a fine school...It is funny...here in SE Indiana dont really think of Louisville as KY either...

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
No true BLUE Kentuckian roots for the Cardinals .

Now , what the heck was we talking about ? You have me all flustered and confused now Fireman !