Bad news....

Brothers....

I as that you say a few good words for me in your prayers..... about two weeks ago, I slipped on the ice and took a pretty good fall. I thought I was just bruised up and had been self medicating myself with OTC pain meds.... well today my back was hurting to the point I decided to get to the DR.... couldnt get in to see him since it was late on a Friday so I went to the ER....long story short, when I fell I came down pretty hard on my arm also...so they did some x-rays of my lower back and shoulder....turns out, lower back didnt show anything serious wrong....but I have a broken shoulder.....I have to see an ortho surgeon on Monday......until then....its will be vicoden to the rescue.....

I'm sorry to hear that, fireman. Will keep you in my prayers, and wish you the best. Go easy on the Vicoten.....I know it works differently on different people, but it really messed with me the one time I was on it.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
GAOTU, I raise my Brother to your attention, I ask for Your healing for his physical injuries, may he heal well and completely. Amen!

CoachN

Builder Builder
Prayer mode engaged! May you heal right, well and swift (and with the least amount of pain possible.)

Thank you very much Brothers..... with the aid of pain meds, I had my first some-what restful night of sleep in a few weeks....

It is good to know you have Brothers saying a few good words for ya.....

berthemp

Fireman, I feel your pain. I am on light duty right now as well. I took a manzanita branch to the eye while chasing drug smugglers last week. Severe orbital bruising with corneal abrasions. I wish you a speedy recovery and will toast to your improving health when i get home and see my good friend Johnny Walker.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Huh?

(snip) I took a manzanita branch to the eye while chasing drug smugglers last week. (snip)
Oh, yeah, right! You prob'ly poked your thumb in your eye throwing back some of the aforementioned Johnny Walker, and made up a good story!
:D

Thank you for your service. I cannot imagine the difficulties you face in your job.

S&F

Bert..... I can understand the pain of an eye injury (work or drinking related its still painful)...had one of those as a child.....

UPDATE:

Dr said the x-rays they took today didnt look like anything was broken...BUT...he is very concerned with what the x-rays dont show...I have an MRI on thursday....he is thinking more rotator cuff.......

berthemp

UUUHHGGHHH!!! Rotator cuff is nothing to mess around with. And an MRI Make sure to go to the restroom before they get started on you. Last MRI I had took over an hour and you have to stay perfectly still in that giant cigar tube. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Let us know how it turns out.

Now it is my day off, time for that reunion with Jonny W and a nice cee-gar. nlook for future posts later tonight. We'll see if I can spell correctly