Bad news....

Casey

MM, RAM, 32nd.
University of Toledo College of Medicine, fourth year, presently on a six-month medical sabbatical. You? :)

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I am at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and UScience of Philadelphia. Its for my DO and a forensic medicine.
My Supervising Physician (I'm a PA in psychiatry), is a DO.

When I was an operating room tech in Indpls, there was real animosity among the MDs in my hospital toward DOs. The president of the medical staff was consulted about having some of the experienced O.R. nurses go over to the soon-to-open osteopathic hospital (Westview) to get the OR staff up to speed. His response (in my presence): "You can tell any of the nurses that go over to that bone-cracker hospital that they can just stay there!"

I was shocked when I moved to Dayton, OH, for PA school in 1978, to find MDs and DOs both on the medical corporation that ran the Emergency Department at Kettering Medical Center.

Study hard!!

S&F
BTW, having finished my degree work within a year before going to PA school, I had real confidence in my ability to memorize work for school.
bf

Laxguy38922

My Supervising Physician (I'm a PA in psychiatry), is a DO.

When I was an operating room tech in Indpls, there was real animosity among the MDs in my hospital toward DOs. The president of the medical staff was consulted about having some of the experienced O.R. nurses go over to the soon-to-open osteopathic hospital (Westview) to get the OR staff up to speed. His response (in my presence): "You can tell any of the nurses that go over to that bone-cracker hospital that they can just stay there!"

I was shocked when I moved to Dayton, OH, for PA school in 1978, to find MDs and DOs both on the medical corporation that ran the Emergency Department at Kettering Medical Center.

Study hard!!

S&F
BTW, having finished my degree work within a year before going to PA school, I had real confidence in my ability to memorize work for school.
bf
I actually want to go into pediatric anesthesia so I won't be doing any bone-cracking. I think it is funny when MD's make fun of DO's. Now-a-days most places don't have that bias, even Ivy League residencies have DO's on them now.

I grew up with DO as my Dr....Osteopathic Med School (WVSOM) about 30 miles from where I lived as a child...

BTW....MRI tomorrow.... any of you Dr's to-be or PA know ball park how long recovery takes for shoulder....Ortho Dr doesnt think any bones are broken...he is thinking more along the lines of partial rotator-cuff tear or labrum tear.....

Bob Franks

I actually want to go into pediatric anesthesia so I won't be doing any bone-cracking. I think it is funny when MD's make fun of DO's. Now-a-days most places don't have that bias, even Ivy League residencies have DO's on them now.
Yah, come to think of it, I've not heard of Dr O' doing any adjustments for schizophrenia or bipolar disorder!

S&F
Heck, you gotta learn the regular medical stuff AND the adjustments! :)

Bob Franks

Clinical Evaluation of the Shoulder

Enough of the psych stuff....what about my shoulder...LOL....
Hmmm...

Well, how does your shoulder make you FEEL? On a scale of 1 to 10, where would your mood be?
Are you hearing any voices from your shoulder?
How is your shoulder affecting your sleep? Do you have nightmares about your shoulder?
Do you have panic attacks or nervousness about your shoulder?

[Hmmm, I wonder what he meant by that...]

:D

Hmmm...

Well, how does your shoulder make you FEEL? Sometimes not very well On a scale of 1 to 10, where would your mood be? Varies...between 5 and 8....vicodin plays a big part in that
Are you hearing any voices from your shoulder?...NO....well maybe but I was on a vicodin and robaxin....
How is your shoulder affecting your sleep?YES!!! Do you have nightmares about your shoulder?YES.....but about my future in my career....
Do you have panic attacks or nervousness about your shoulder?.....not yet...but now that you mention it....

[Hmmm, I wonder what he meant by that...]............WHO said that?????....Did you hear that or am I hearing things.....

:D
:D:eek::D:p:p;):confused::eek:

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Hoping your recovery is speedy, and minimal pain. Sounding a bit like you jumped the tracks there brother, starting a trainwreck ;) I have no doubt you heard that term before.