Bad news....

Laxguy38922

UPDATE.....Shoulder= Torn Labrum.....plus special bonus of a bulging disc and two places my spine has shifted.....
That's what I thought they were going to say(the torn labrum part)... Are they trying PT to see if it helps and if not have surgery? That's what most of the time happens.

That's what I thought they were going to say(the torn labrum part)... Are they trying PT to see if it helps and if not have surgery? That's what most of the time happens.
YEP...... Dr told me if I was a pitcher trying out for a major league team and he was doing an evaluation...his report would be :D DO NOT DRAFT him....

Two weeks of PT to see if any relief....I am sure sooner or later, will need surgery....

G

Gary

Be very very cautious about having the surgery on your back. Studies show that people who have disk-ectomies and or lamin-ectomies have the same pain/ or issues in as little as 5 years after the surgery.

All it does is put stress on the vertabrae above and below the "fix" they do. I'm in need of the same surgery, and told them not only no...but HELL NO!

Back surgery is not an option in my book right now......CHIROPRACTOR!!! and anti-inflammatory meds

My shoulder is more of a concern to the Doc right now...... I have a evaluation by the Doc on the 21st to see if the PT is doing any good....

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Be very very cautious about having the surgery on your back. Studies show that people who have disk-ectomies and or lamin-ectomies have the same pain/ or issues in as little as 5 years after the surgery.

All it does is put stress on the vertabrae above and below the "fix" they do. I'm in need of the same surgery, and told them not only no...but HELL NO!
This is why I have not had surgery on my back . Luckily I have had well known , well respected surgeons who have refused to pad their bank accounts by putting me under the knife . Now one doctor DID want to do surgery but I went for a second and third opinion and they stated that under NO circumstances should I have the surgery , I would only end up in worse shape than I am in now .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
This is why I have not had surgery on my back . Luckily I have had well known , well respected surgeons who have refused to pad their bank accounts by putting me under the knife . Now one doctor DID want to do surgery but I went for a second and third opinion and they stated that under NO circumstances should I have the surgery , I would only end up in worse shape than I am in now .
[overheard in doctors' lounge]
surgeon1: I operated on the mayor yesterday.
surgeon2: What'd he have?
surgeon1: Twenty thousand dollars.
surgeon2: What'd you find?

:D

Good call, Ashlar. Never run to a chancey treatment out of desperation.

S&F

My Ortho Dr doesnt even talk about surgery for my back......hes told me that there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many other options to go through before you think about back surgery....he said it is a last option....

Shoulder....well that just might be a different story.....

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
[overheard in doctors' lounge]
surgeon1: I operated on the mayor yesterday.
surgeon2: What'd he have?
surgeon2: What'd you find?

:D

Good call, Ashlar. Never run to a chancey treatment out of desperation.

S&F
I am desperate for relief , but I will not chance coming out of it in worse shape (or no change at all) than I already am , it is not worth it .