Civil War Masons

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
My lodge has a Civil War degree team where you can request to have any of the three degrees done as if it were during the civil war. From what I understand, the degree is done at night with very minimal light as it would have been done during the war to prevent eavesdroppers from seeing too much.
Here are a couple of images, one of some of the members dressed in costume, and one of the make shift lodge room on one of the member's property
Now THAT is some pretty cool stuff, Davis. Thanks for the pics.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Very cool! I have friends who are into re-enactments (CW, WWII, & RenFaire).

Then there is the new-wave: Steampunk (Victorian SI-FI)

wolfbrau

My daughter goes to Gettysburg, we visited the brother to brother statue. There is a lodge right in the center of town, but have yet to visit it, but I will.

DBovia

Casey,
That would be great if you could take a look. I've been searching the web and a co-reenactor is searching at Ft. Union. As of yet we haven't found anything yet.

On a side note, I grew up in Toledo, I went to Macomber VTHS. Most of my family lives there. Do you know any Bovia's there?

Duncan1574

I think I am going to have to call my Dad , I have went through many of my books and can not find that chapter , so it must be in one of his or I missed it . Now this is going to drive me mad until I find it , once I get somethng on my mind I can't let it go .
Your Dad was alive during the Civil War? :eek:

To the 'drive me mad', it won't be a long drive more like a short walk. :D

Duncan1574

Padding is not a bad idea. Due to your advanced age, I'd suggest Depends (they'll serve several purposes: padding, protection, and they make a dandy mudflap).
Ya know, as a member of the EIEIO, I formally request that you put a hit out on yourself..... ;)

I was NOT there when they built Stonehenge, I was there for the re-engineering later on for Y1K.

Casey

MM, RAM, 32nd.
Casey,
That would be great if you could take a look. I've been searching the web and a co-reenactor is searching at Ft. Union. As of yet we haven't found anything yet.

On a side note, I grew up in Toledo, I went to Macomber VTHS. Most of my family lives there. Do you know any Bovia's there?
One of the Macmen, then? :) I'll run through the book this weekend- it's not that long.

Bro. Donnie

Hey Brothers, jumping in here, actually my first post on this forum...so here goes...
I know of a book y'all may be interested in Befriend and Relieve Every Brother Freemasonry During Wartime, Richard Eugene Shields, 1994, printed by The Carolina Trader (704) 282-1339. Although the book does cover the spectrum of American wars from Rev War thru the Persian Gulf War, there are numerous stories indicating recognition amongst the opposing Brethern in the Civil war. Hope this helps.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Welcome!

Hey Brothers, jumping in here, actually my first post on this forum...so here goes...
I know of a book y'all may be interested in Befriend and Relieve Every Brother Freemasonry During Wartime, Richard Eugene Shields, 1994, printed by The Carolina Trader (704) 282-1339. Although the book does cover the spectrum of American wars from Rev War thru the Persian Gulf War, there are numerous stories indicating recognition amongst the opposing Brethern in the Civil war. Hope this helps.
Welcome to Freemason Hall, Brother Donnie.

S&F