coffee drinkers

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
One of the Captains at a busy station at my department makes what we termed "Mud". He basically fills the coffee filter to the top, packs it good and tight and brews it.

Let's just say no amount of creamer, milk or whatever you try will change the color of the coffee. It's strong enough to defibrillate a dead horse back to life.
Or the over stimulation will put a healthy horse into v. fibrillation!

:D

Winter

I've been here before
As a firefighter, it just might be a moral sin to drink coffee from dunkin donuts.....LOL.... in my fire house it, plain old Folgers or Maxwell House.....DD is for the PD....
Stay off our turf if you know what's good for you "hoseboy" LOL

I live right across the street from an Alterra Coffee. Amazingly good, all organic, blah blah, coffee. Also pretty pricey. The college kids eat it up because it's pretentious. Also across the street is a standard Milwaukee gas station run by gentlemen that speak very little English. They also make great coffee that is strong, black with a hint of something that I'd rather not identify but it'll get me going and keep me moving till I can get some nicotine in me!

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
As a firefighter, it just might be a moral sin to drink coffee from dunkin donuts.....LOL.... in my fire house it, plain old Folgers or Maxwell House.....DD is for the PD....
I never knew how much I missed DD until I lived in an area that didn't have a DD... you know, like Ohio or WV? I have to drive to Maryland or Indiana to get DD?!? If I knew that before I moved here...

I'm just glad my brother works for DD and kept me hooked up with enough grounds to wean me off DD and onto that crap that passes for coffee at Speedway.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I never knew how much I missed DD until I lived in an area that didn't have a DD... you know, like Ohio or WV? I have to drive to Maryland or Indiana to get DD?!? If I knew that before I moved here...

I'm just glad my brother works for DD and kept me hooked up with enough grounds to wean me off DD and onto that crap that passes for coffee at Speedway.
FamilyMan we've got a DD up here off Main St. in Reynoldsburg. I prefer Jolly Pirate but that's for the donuts. MMMMMM Peanut Butter filled Chocolate topped!

G

Gary

Stay off our turf if you know what's good for you "hoseboy" LOL

I live right across the street from an Alterra Coffee. Amazingly good, all organic, blah blah, coffee. Also pretty pricey. The college kids eat it up because it's pretentious. Also across the street is a standard Milwaukee gas station run by gentlemen that speaks very little English. They also make great coffee that is strong, black with a hint of something that I'd rather not identify but it'll get me going and keep me moving till I can get some nicotine in me!
LOL...He said "Hoseboy"...LOL

You ain't one of those "cop-ers" are you? Bad cop no donut!

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer

"Sir, I notice your speech is slurred, have you been drinking?"

"Officer, I notice your eyes are glazed; have you been eating donuts?"

:D

Winter

I've been here before

Seven years with the Sheriff's Department. Search & Rescue Diver, Gang Unit, SRT Instructor, Use of Force Instructor. Plus some really cool teams!

So yeah, I said "Hoseboy"! Hahahaha But all in good fun. ;)

G

Gary

No worries... I was a flight observer for our local air unit. I operated the spotlight/FLIR on a Hughes MD 500N (NOTAR) for several years. I also trained with the SWAT team as a Tactical Medic.

Our FD competes with the local Sheriff's office every year in a flag football game called "Guns N Hoses". All of the proceeds go to charity.

So yeah, It's all in good fun brother! :D:cool:

God created Firefighters so that Cops would have heros too..........;)

Ya know Coppers...if you would have scored a few points higher, you could have got into that fire class:eek::D

G

Gary

God created Firefighters so that Cops would have heros too..........;)

Ya know Coppers...if you would have scored a few points higher, you could have got into that fire class:eek::D
Now THAT is some funny stuff right there folks...LOL :p

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
A fireman and a policeman died and both went to heaven where they were issued their wings with the warning that if they had even have one bad thought their wings would fall off.

Well, everything went well for some time then one day they passed a very attractive and well put together young lady.
As the policeman turned to watch the very attractive lady pass by, <poof> his wings fell off.

When the policeman bent over to pick his wings up off the ground... the fireman's wings fell off.

G

Gary

A fireman and a policeman died and both went to heaven where they were issued their wings with the warning that if they had even have one bad thought their wings would fall off.

Well, everything went well for some time then one day they passed a very attractive and well put together young lady.
As the policeman turned to watch the very attractive lady pass by, <poof> his wings fell off.

When the policeman bent over to pick his wings up off the ground... the fireman's wings fell off.
You must be a cop...LOL :D

Wake up Alice...Wonderland is down the road.....:D:eek::eek::eek: have you been eating the donuts out of the trash again...:p

Winter

I've been here before
What do cops and firefighters have in common?
They both want to be cops.

A firefighter and an EMT are in a car together, who's driving? The cop.

How firefighters identify a HAZMAT chemical using the Tri-COP-Scope Method:
1. Police Officer standing/car running: not hazardous.
2. Police Officer unconscious/car running: Toxic fumes.
3. Police Officer unconscious/car stalled: oxygen displacing chemical.
4. Police Officer/car both melting: acidic chemical.
5. Police Officer/car on fire: extremely flammable.

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
A seasoned firefighter, resentful that a political hack was named fire chief, goes to the mayor and asks how he can become chief. The mayor says, "Get me a sheep, and I'll make you fire chief, for the rest of your life, starting tomorrow." The firefighter didn't want to know why the mayor wanted a sheep, but if it would get him promoted to fire chief, he didn't really care. Next door to the station was a huge sheep ranch, so the firefighter went there. He met the shepherd in the field, tending his flock. "Those are nice sheep," the firefighter stated. "They should be," the shepherd said, "they're worth $5,000.00 a head." The firefighter was amazed, undaunted, he wanted to get a sheep, but what was the sense of paying five grand to get promoted? "I tell you what," the firefighter suggested, "If I can guess how many sheep you have, can I have one?" The shepherd agreed and the firefighter made his guess, "Four hundred and forty-three." The farmer was amazed, that's exactly how many sheep he had in this particular pasture. The firefighter went into the flock to collect his prize. The farmer stopped him and said, "If I can guess what you do, will you give me back the sheep?" The firefighter agreed, to which the farmer proudly stated, "You're a professional firefighter." "You're right," said the fireman, "How'd you know?" To which the farmer replied, "Put the dog down and I'll tell you."

FamilyMan

Fidelis ad Mortem
What do cops and firefighters have in common?
They both want to be cops.

A firefighter and an EMT are in a car together, who's driving? The cop.

How firefighters identify a HAZMAT chemical using the Tri-COP-Scope Method:
1. Police Officer standing/car running: not hazardous.
2. Police Officer unconscious/car running: Toxic fumes.
3. Police Officer unconscious/car stalled: oxygen displacing chemical.
4. Police Officer/car both melting: acidic chemical.
5. Police Officer/car on fire: extremely flammable.
Of course, cops have their own method of assessing HAZMAT situations: If we can't see the entire scene through the whole in our powdered doughnut, it's time to put the cruiser in reverse until we can.

Geeze, talk about side-tracked you guys!! Started reading this thread backwards and had to go back a page and a half just to find the word "coffee" in a post!:D