Decoded

Did anyone watch the new show on the History Channel called DECODED...it is hosted by Brad Meltzer?

I know you wont believe this but the first episode was about....you guessed it....."The missing cornerstone from the White House"....and they "investigated" to see if the Freemasons too it.... they went to the House of the Temple in DC and spoke with Art De Hoyo(sp?) and S. Brent Morris....it was pretty good not a mason bashing...just some questioning...well there was this guy..dont remember his first name but his last was Pinto....hes a big conspiracy nut I believe.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I meant to watch it but forgot about it . I am sure th History Channel will air it 20 or 30 more times until next week , like they do with Ice Road Truckers and Ax Men ( Have no idea what those two shows have to do with History though) .

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Yeah, I'll have to catch it on a rerun also. I forgot as well. It looked like it should be interesting. I was afraid that it would be just a bunch of conspiracy theories though. Guess I'll have to check now that you said it was interesting.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Watching the re-run, so the second showing for me. But I'm out of whiskey this time. Its not bad, better then I thought when it was starting out. Looks like he is going to talk about George Washington and his Masonic Connections again next week. I've seen it mentioned on a few forums so far asking about Freemasons. It might be good for us.

Winter

I've been here before
My roommate here in the dorm keeps telling me about it (not a Mason) so I guess I should catch it.

History Channel....first new episodes come on Thursdays @2200...then multiple re-runs throughout the week...check you local listing

pdh825

Master Mason
I watched it and other than the good information provided by Brother de Hoyos and Brother Morris, the "investigation" fell short. He should stick to his career as a fiction writer. I almost fell over laughing when he said he "called in all of his favors" to get the interview with Brother deHoyos. I mean seriously, the man is the historian of a public building that gives tours. The only "favor" he needed to call in was to get priority transportation from the hotel to the Temple for his staff. Sensationalism at its finest. At least he did not have Ralph Epperson or David Icke adding their usual drivel to the mix.

G

Gary

I thought it was kind of hokey myself. I had to keep reminding myself that it was intended to be viewed by the profane (non-masonic) community.

The artistic license taken was to develop suspense and conspiracy as in most all of the other documentaries mentioning Freemasonry.

I'll set the DVR to record the future episodes, and hope it gets better than the pilot.

If you missed the first episode, and or cannot get it in your locality it can be viewed here:

Brad Meltzer's Decoded — History.com Videos

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
It is what it is , it is designed to create some sort of mystery .

As for Meltzer saying "He called in a favor to get in to interview De Hoyos" , now which would make a better sound bite for the show "I walked in off the street to talk to......" or "I called in a favor to get in to talk with....." ? The second statement of course , he is trying to make the show interesting for the masses . It is for entertainment purposes after all .

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
I was able to watch Decoded on Monday evening, I enjoyed making fun of them with their suspense filled talks. The "Inner Circle" of Masonry? Maybe they are the ones who know where the "National Treasure " is. :D
The idea of a conspiracy -- the missing cornerstone -- made me laugh, especially when the old newspaper account stated that it was placed in the southwest corner and they hadn't even thought it could be located somewhere other than the northeast corner.

I would love to visit the House of the Temple, the history, the books, the displays. :cool::cool: WOW!! One day.........

Custer......Do you have any favors to cash in on????:eek: I hear thats the only way to get into where the leaders of the FM are......:cool:

pdh825

Master Mason
I enjoyed the portions with Brothers DeHoyos and Morris. The rest really did not accomplish what Brad so authoritatively stated he was going to do. They spent more time pointing fingers and did not really go into the history of the building including the fires, renovations, additions, etc that could better explain what could have happened to the cornerstone.

Well did anyone watch last night??? I started to watch it but I missed my safety nap yesterday and I fell asleep before I could see it all.....did the FM have anything to do with Meriwether Lewis???.....