Favorite Education TV Channels

What is your favorite educational TV channel?

• The Learning Channel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Local PBS Station

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cemab4y

I used to work in Public TV(WKYU-TV) channel 24, Bowling Green KY. I was hooked on public TV, prior to joining that station. I really like History Channel, but there are far too many commercials, and breaks.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
The History Channel and the Discovery Channel is my fav's.I'm now hooked on TruTV channel . I like watching "The Investigators"

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Usually its first History channel and then Discovery then TLC.

HGTV and other similar channels are usually mixed in there too.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I like PBS myself , but it seems that everytime there is something I really want to watch or find extremely interesting they have a pledge drive going on . I think they save the pledge drives for their best programs .

cummins tuner

Vide, Aude Tace
mine are in this order,history channel,discovery,tlc,food network,the outdoor channle and food network i watch RFD TV quite a bit too. used to be a big pbs watcher when they ran the episodes of the woodwrights shop and the new yankee workshop.

mndane

I like PBS myself , but it seems that everytime there is something I really want to watch or find extremely interesting they have a pledge drive going on . I think they save the pledge drives for their best programs .
Agree. EVERY TIME I see a interesting topic on pbs , I get stuck watching a 20 minute pledge campaign. I do pay to pbs by way of my satellite subscription. I could do without the pledge drive. :(

Woods

I'm hooked on Discovery. That's about 90% of my tv watching. I do enjoy the History channel and TruTV. I love Forensic Files on TruTV.

mndane

I am so happy not to see any of the reality programs listed. It only proves once again that masons has better taste than most.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I can't stand those reality shows , I would rather watch grass grow . Speaking of reality shows ,does anyone remember when MTV used to actually play music videos ?

Woods

HAHAHAHAHAHA....Those were the good ole days. MTV stands for Music Television....not Reality Television.

I can't stomach a reality show. I think they are rediculous. My life has more meaning and purpose...I don't need to watch other people be miserable to feel better about my life.

Back on topic: I love educational shows. I love to learn more about the world and how far we have come. The Science Channel is very good also.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Not sure if it is considered reality TV, but I will admit I watch Ice Road Truckers. That and I"m hooked on the re-runs of It Takes a Thief.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Not sure if it is considered reality TV, but I will admit I watch Ice Road Truckers. That and I"m hooked on the re-runs of It Takes a Thief.

I like Ice Road Truckers myself . I think shows like that and "Deadliest Catch" are a different story than those like Big Brother , Survivor and others like it .

Woods

I like Ice Road Truckers myself . I think shows like that and "Deadliest Catch" are a different story than those like Big Brother , Survivor and others like it .

Agreed. I am hooked on Deadliest Catch as well. Those "reality" shows are very educational in the sense of learning how other vocations operate. Something you ordinarily wouldn't learn unless you did the job yourself.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I am hooked on those as well.
Deadliest Catch
Ice Road Truckers
Ax Men

I have noticed that the History channel has been having a lot of great programs, albeit re-runs. Mega-Disasters, Extreme Engineering,etc. those as I'm surfing always seem to catch me as well.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I am hooked on those as well.
Deadliest Catch
Ice Road Truckers
Ax Men

I have noticed that the History channel has been having a lot of great programs, albeit re-runs. Mega-Disasters, Extreme Engineering,etc. those as I'm surfing always seem to catch me as well.
Deadliest Catch I watched when it first came out, but don't watch it that often anymore. I may watch an episode once a few weeks.

Ax Men I've caught a few episodes. Wasn't bad, but didn't fully capture me enough to make me want to watch it every week.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I love "Dirty Jobs" . Mike Rowe makes me laugh .
I completely forgot about that. I agree, he seems to me to be extremely intelligent, even though he does some of the strangest things. He also has an excellent voice for voice-overs, and commercials.