Freemasons unlock secrets of the Lodge

G

Gary

Me thinks we need more chapters of the Knights of the North, as I don't think they take on new members. ;)

Winter

I've been here before
Even during the heyday of the KotN the status of Knight of the North was by invitation only and, as I recall, there were not that many of them.

G

Gary

Who started their little club? and why doesn't somebody form another one then?:D

I'm liking their mentality that's for sure.

Winter

I've been here before
There are several "clubs" like them. Masons who are devoted to returning our Order to the traditions, values and practices that made us great.

I happen to command one, myself.

Zack

There are several "clubs" like them. Masons who are devoted to returning our Order to the traditions, values and practices that made us great.

I happen to command one, myself.
I assume, like myself, most Masons are unaware of them. There are probably hundreds of us who would be interested.

Winter

I've been here before
I assume, like myself, most Masons are unaware of them. There are probably hundreds of us who would be interested.
Maybe I should formalize and open it to Brothers. We could even put posters up in the Lodges! "Join the Masonic Army!"

There seems to be a large population of Brothers these days who want a return to the traditional Masonry of our forefathers.

G

Gary

Yeah, but it's got to have a snazzy name.... I've got one in mind already.

I have a feeling a movement like this could certainly cause a scuttlebutt in some lodges. A necessary one though.

Winter

I've been here before
Which is why the KotN is pretty defunct these days, from what i understand. I shook things up pretty good at my old Lodge! A lot Brothers like the way things are now and refuse to change. Sadly, any attempt to make things better just makes them angry and they think a Mason without ten years in the Lodge should jut sit there and be quiet.

I say, No. I will be heard! :)

(And I have more than ten years in! lol)

G

Gary

Which is why the KotN is pretty defunct these days, from what i understand. I shook things up pretty good at my old Lodge! A lot Brothers like the way things are now and refuse to change. Sadly, any attempt to make things better just makes them angry and they think a Mason without ten years in the Lodge should jut sit there and be quiet.

I say, No. I will be heard! :)

(And I have more than ten years in! lol)
KotN is defunct because they made people mad. All because they shook up things in order to restore the fraternity to it's original values and traditions?

What...those brothers went into hiding?

As far as the ten year crappola... They put their pants on the same way I do.
What gives them the right to say that neither I, you, or anyone else has no say in how things should be? Tenure sitting on your buttocks doing nothing to better the fraternity counts for nothing...nada ....zilch.

So to them I'd say, SHADDAPPPP!!!! Nicely, and brotherly of course. I'm a Celt. We're the friendly race...;)

Winter

I've been here before
I'm right there with you Brother. I figure if you're not doing something to preserve our Order, you're just as guilt as those who are (usually with good intentions) actively harming it.

It's not an easy road, shaking things up and annoying people, but the rewards in the progress we make are worth it.

pdh825

Master Mason
Masonic Restoration Foundation has information on what they call Traditional Observance lodges. These sound like they are similar to KotN that you are referring to. I have only started to look into them so I may be wrong, and if I am, I apologize.

Winter

I've been here before
They also have a section on EC Lodges at the MRF site as well as TO. The main differences are that EC Lodges usually work in Emulation Rite and do not fall under the pervue of the MRF, but they are very similar.

The KotN advocated, for the most part, working within one's Lodge to make changes to a more traditional Masonry whereas the MRF is active in opening new TO Lodges as well as making changes to existing ones.

R

removed121010

Stories like this piss me off so bad that it's not even funny.

SHUT THE DAMNED DOORS! We have left the West Gate pretty much unmanned, much less guarded.

We are an initiatic Order who's primary focus is the preservation and study of the mystic rites entrusted to us. We are not the Kiwanis, Lions, Rotary, Moose, or Elk.

The sooner we stop trying to act like a modern social club and get back to our roots, the better.

There, I feel better after that rant!
I had my chance to join a lodge once upon a time
i could not do it though
there were men in there that i had known to have no word
i am not one to judge anyone its just
i was with him (my friend) on his way through the east and the lodge rushed it
i didn't like how they weren't making people want it
a man joined a lodge and was risin within a month to his MM he then just stopped showing up to lodge. WTH is going on?. i agree, its all about the roots don't worry about what a man has done, but what he will do.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I had my chance to join a lodge once upon a time
i could not do it though
there were men in there that i had known to have no word
i am not one to judge anyone its just
i was with him (my friend) on his way through the east and the lodge rushed it
i didn't like how they weren't making people want it
a man joined a lodge and was risin within a month to his MM he then just stopped showing up to lodge. WTH is going on?. i agree, its all about the roots don't worry about what a man has done, but what he will do.
I'm not exactly sure what you are referencing here. Could you please expound upon your comment. I'm trying to make sense of what is said, but I'm having difficulty.

R

removed121010

I'm not exactly sure what you are referencing here. Could you please expound upon your comment. I'm trying to make sense of what is said, but I'm having difficulty.
I saw no traditions being upheld
The men I saw were not the same as my father told me about
I was always told that freemasonry was a fraternity of men with honor and intellect. With a humble knowledge of how things went.
But when I looked upon that lodge I saw none of that
Instead I saw a revolving door in which men were rushed through

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Wait a minute Simpleservant , you stated in your "Dinner" thread that you had your petition filled out but have not gotten your signatures yet ? You also state that you have not met any of the men yet also ? so if I am correct , you are not a Mason yet . Am I correct in this line of thinking ?

If you are not a Freemason yet and have not met any of these men yet , and have not sat in a Tyled lodge with these brothers , then you have no basis of fact to make such a statement of how honorable or intelligent these brothers are . How much time have you spent with these Men , to make such an assumption ? How do make such a statement that you "saw a revolving door which men rushed through" from the outside looking in ? Only curious as to how you make such bold statements of something you are not even a member .

Just trying to make sense of this .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Sorry I see you where talking about another lodge , a long time ago . But some of my questions still stands . How long did you know these Brothers ? How much time did you spend with them ? And how do you know they were not honorable and of NO intellect if you never sat in lodge with them ?

R

removed121010

Sorry I see you where talking about another lodge , a long time ago . But some of my questions still stands . How long did you know these Brothers ? How much time did you spend with them ? And how do you know they were not honorable and of NO intellect if you never sat in lodge with them ?
I do not know these things of their honor or intellect
I spoke out of turn with that.
I had known some of these men for years though. Everyone has their own demons, including me I have no right to judge anyone. I was just going off of actions
you are correct I am not a mason.
I do not want to sound judgmental at all
i just don't want my experience to seem rushed
if I get such an opportunity

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
SimpleServant,
I am glad that you do not want your experience, if given the opportunity to happen, to be rushed. I am however disheartened to read that you already have a preconceived notion as to who these men are. One of the most beneficial things you can do in Masonry as well as in life is to have an open mind. With an open mind, you are able to evaluate all things on their merit, not on presumed assumptions. I hope you will take heed of this, and use caution when speaking ill of fellow masons.
Thank you