Greetings from southern Wisconsin!

iMav

-==-
Hello. I am from Columbus, WI and recently petitioned my local lodge (Columbus #75). I am excited about starting my journey...and my daughter is also interested in Job's Daughters.

I'll be 40 this month and was told by my sponsor that there are 2-3 others in my same age group (30-50) that will most-likely be joining as well. I like the idea of sharing the experience with others and hope this will be a good bonding experience (I have yet to meet the others, however).

I am a Gulf War vet (did one tour in the Air Force and got out in 1992). I was in Iraq for a year back in 2006-2007 as a civilian contractor. Currently, I am a sales engineer for a large security vendor (red, not yellow). :)

I am an avid motorcyclist, so I will definitely be checking out Widow's Sons.

That's me in a nutshell!

iMav

-==-
Thanks!

I've bounced around between a few forums. Seems like none of them are really all that active. I suppose most of the older generation of masons don't frequent online forums...so that further limits the pool of potential forum members.

(for some reason, I assumed I'd find a large online family of Freemasons in one of these online forums...guess I'll just have to start pointing brothers here once I'm accepted into the lodge). :)

G

Gary

I experienced the same issue as you when looking for forums. This one is fairly active, and seems to be growing.

Most of the participants here seem to be either younger generation Masons or those curious about Freemasonry in general.

I've only been here a short time myself, but have found the members to be a friendly lot.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. In reviewing the older threads I've noticed quite a bit of intelligent discussion.

Best wishes on your petition to the Lodge! It will take some time for them to "process" your petition etc. Don't get discouraged if you don't hear anything right away.

iMav

-==-
I know this lodge meets on the second Monday of the month...so I don't expect to hear anything before next week. I suppose then I will start getting anxious. :)

G

Gary

They'll bring your petition before the Lodge, and eventually vote on you. Some Lodges will hold your petition for a period of time. That's where the anxiety kicks in for most guys...LOL

While you wait, a few brothers will meet with you for a question and answer session. This allows them to get to know you, and answer questions you may have.

iMav

-==-
Looking forward to it.

GaryE, you mentioned you are fairly new here as well. How long have you been a freemason?

G

Gary

I was initiated in June, passed to second degree in July, and will be raised to Master next Saturday (the 18th).

It's been a fun ride for sure.... :D

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Greetings and salutations. Thank you for your services. Going through with other people is great, you form a great bond that way. Yeah, most Masonic forums are small and inactive. It is a hard thing getting a forum going, lots of time and money gets spent on it. Some of the other forums have tyled sections too, which is where they talk mostly.

antonskv

3° Master Mason
Hello. I am from Columbus, WI and recently petitioned my local lodge (Columbus #75). I am excited about starting my journey...and my daughter is also interested in Job's Daughters.

I'll be 40 this month and was told by my sponsor that there are 2-3 others in my same age group (30-50) that will most-likely be joining as well. I like the idea of sharing the experience with others and hope this will be a good bonding experience (I have yet to meet the others, however).

I am a Gulf War vet (did one tour in the Air Force and got out in 1992). I was in Iraq for a year back in 2006-2007 as a civilian contractor. Currently, I am a sales engineer for a large security vendor (red, not yellow). :)

I am an avid motorcyclist, so I will definitely be checking out Widow's Sons.

That's me in a nutshell!

Welcome Bro! I hope you enjoy chilling here with us :) We got a lot of cool people here. I myself used to ride bikes, until g/f talked me out of it... Though me and her are "history" since long time ago, i still haven't managed to pile enough money to buy a bike again :(

We got all kinds of people here, from all different walks of life. Military guys too! Ashlar is a Marine for example, as you probably see from his signature.

(I say "IS" and not "WAS" 'cause once a marine always a marine, right Ash? :) lol)

iMav

-==-
I haven't been contacted for the interview yet...but did get an email the other day asking for my phone number. I've also been invited to help out with a lodge-sponsored flea market this Sunday...so I guess I'm making progress.

I'm impatient by nature, so this is good for me. :)

iMav

-==-
Hung out for a while at the flea market, met several brothers from the lodge, and ended up having my interview done there. They'll vote on me at their next stated meeting (second Monday of the month), and assuming that goes well, I'll be initiated sometime later in October.

iMav

-==-
My daughter was initiated into Job's Daughters last night. She had a blast and all the girls did an excellent job.

I was informed that I will be initiated on the 25th of this month (October). I believe they won't be actually voting on me officially till the 11th...but sounds like there shouldn't be any issues (which is why they have already scheduled the special meeting for my initiation). :)

iMav

-==-
Vote takes place tonight. I don't anticipate any issues...but it will be nice to get the official word.