Has this ever happened to you?

DavisB

Do any Florida Brothers know the reasoning behind the "no esoteric education " rule ? I am Only curious and not judging as it is not my jurisdiction .
I'm not sure about Florida, but on Monday, during my lodge's meal, I had a conversation with a brother whom I had just met who told me that all there was to get out of Freemasonry was moral teaching and anything esoteric was a load of.....well, you get the idea.

G

Gary

I'm not sure about Florida, but on Monday, during my lodge's meal, I had a conversation with a brother whom I had just met who told me that all there was to get out of Freemasonry was moral teaching and anything esoteric was a load of.....well, you get the idea.
Ignorance knows no bounds.

CoachN

Builder Builder
Brother Gary,

I suggest you read and understand your books (the "Building Series"). You could provide any part of those books off the cuff in your own words and be well within acceptable parameters/constraints. If you want some examples of how to do this, call me. I'd be honored to run a demo by your a few times. :D
Do any Florida Brothers know the reasoning behind the "no esoteric education " rule ? I am Only curious and not judging as it is not my jurisdiction .
There is no such thing. It's all in how you interpret what is acceptable and accept what is interpretable.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Brother Gary,

I suggest you read and understand your books (the "Building Series"). You could provide any part of those books off the cuff in your own words and be well within acceptable parameters/constraints. If you want some examples of how to do this, call me. I'd be honored to run a demo by your a few times. :D

There is no such thing. It's all in how you interpret what is acceptable and accept what is interpretable.
Alrighty .

G

Gary

Once I'm feeling better, I'll call you Coach. I won't be caught off guard a second time. Of course, there will be a different WM in the East next year anyways, so the point is moot.

CoachN

Builder Builder
Once I'm feeling better, I'll call you Coach. I won't be caught off guard a second time. Of course, there will be a different WM in the East next year anyways, so the point is moot.
Okay Brother -- get well soon.

BTW - No moot point about it Bro. Prepare! Luck is the intersection of Opportunity and Preparation. Once prepared... Ask--Seek--BANGAWAY every time Lodge has a meeting. :D

Zack

Brother Gary,

And that's when the fun begins. Unless the WM is of the same mind and not just a "yes man".

G

Gary

What will you call him until you feel better?
Doctor, but I don't think he's got a Doctorate in Medicine. Too bad.

I really think I have contracted Pneumonia. I'll be really surprised if it isn't. I'm going to have to find a walk in clinic. My Primary care won't be able to see me until after the Holidays. Yay me. :(

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Doctor, but I don't think he's got a Doctorate in Medicine. Too bad.

I really think I have contracted Pneumonia. I'll be really surprised if it isn't. I'm going to have to find a walk in clinic. My Primary care won't be able to see me until after the Holidays. Yay me. :(
Do NOT F__k with pneumonia! If you have fever,rapid breathing or heartbeat, cough, and overall feel like $h!t, get thee to a healer. Today.
Ten bux of antibiotics will make all the difference. Pneumonia used to be called "the old man's friend," because it took them so fast with little suffering.

bob franks, PA-C
Physician Assistant-Certified
30 years in Primary Care

G

Gary

Do NOT F__k with pneumonia! If you have fever,rapid breathing or heartbeat, cough, and overall feel like $h!t, get thee to a healer. Today.
Ten bux of antibiotics will make all the difference. Pneumonia used to be called "the old man's friend," because it took them so fast with little suffering.

bob franks, PA-C
Physician Assistant-Certified
30 years in Primary Care
I'm a Paramedic, been one for 20 years. I've seen this before. I'm going to a medical facility in the A.M. Dangit! I hate the timing of this.

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
No one likes being put on the spot.....

Custer....I work an average of a 48hr week...just get it done in two days....24 on shift...48 off....
fireman -- I understand your position and appreciate all the hard work it takes to do your job. Thanks for doing it.

GaryE, I echo the many prior posts with one of my own ----- GET YER SICK SELF TO THE DR.