• 30-40 years

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • 40+

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubin Bluthenthal

I was raised at Thomas Waller # 49, located in Los Angeles, California and made a member of Santa Monica Consistory # 296 in the year of 1976.

I have been operating "on the square" ever since.

Rubinstyn Bluthenthal, Ph.D., 32°

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
This is a tough question to answer! I have only been a Master Mason in fact for eleven or twelve years. But I have been a Master Mason in my heart for much, much longer. When I was a lad, my father (who was a Mason) told me about DeMolay. I jumped at the chance and handed over my petition as soon as I was able. In my year as Master Councillor, however, things went bad. We received a petition, sponsored by several DeMolay brothers, for a fine boy, a great student, a superb athlete. He would be a credit to the Order. But our advisors did not like, well, they did not like the depth of his tan (if you get what I mean). In short, a very few months later I laid down my gavel and walked away, saying to myself that until I could sit in Lodge with all of my brothers, I could not in good conscience sit in Lodge with any of them. This was 1970.

I waited. I waited until 1997 when the MW Grand Lodge F&AM of Alaska (where I lived at the time) announced that they were signing a mutual recognition compact with the MW Grand Lodge of Alaska (PHA)! I submitted my petition, and in June of that year I was raised to the sublime degree of Master Mason. You tell me, brethren: when did I become a Mason?

This is a tough question to answer! I have only been a Master Mason in fact for eleven or twelve years. But I have been a Master Mason in my heart for much, much longer. When I was a lad, my father (who was a Mason) told me about DeMolay. I jumped at the chance and handed over my petition as soon as I was able. In my year as Master Councillor, however, things went bad. We received a petition, sponsored by several DeMolay brothers, for a fine boy, a great student, a superb athlete. He would be a credit to the Order. But our advisors did not like, well, they did not like the depth of his tan (if you get what I mean). In short, a very few months later I laid down my gavel and walked away, saying to myself that until I could sit in Lodge with all of my brothers, I could not in good conscience sit in Lodge with any of them. This was 1970.

I waited. I waited until 1997 when the MW Grand Lodge F&AM of Alaska (where I lived at the time) announced that they were signing a mutual recognition compact with the MW Grand Lodge of Alaska (PHA)! I submitted my petition, and in June of that year I was raised to the sublime degree of Master Mason. You tell me, brethren: when did I become a Mason?
In 1970.

(3 years next week for me)

WFo752594

How long have you been a Mason?

Every since I was raised from a dead level to a living perpendicular on the square!

Bruce Golway

Master Mason

I was raised in 1970, by my father, who was a Past Master. Next month, I will have the privilege of installing our oldest son as Master of our Lodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.