I can see!

CRJ_Professor

Truely remarkable; a moment in time that cannot be duplicated.

A matter of hours define a lifetime. Thanks to my brothers at Goldsboro Lodge #112, and thanks to Bob Franks for the education. I am honored by all of you. Woot! Let the work begin:)

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Truely remarkable; a moment in time that cannot be duplicated.

A matter of hours define a lifetime. Thanks to my brothers at Goldsboro Lodge #112, and thanks to Bob Franks for the education. I am honored by all of you. Woot! Let the work begin:)
Bro. Aaron, you give me more credit than I deserve. I finally realized after more than 25 years, I wasn't any good at floor work (as Senior Deacon, I got 'lost' conducting a candidate once), so I was forced to learn the Lectures! :D

S&F

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
I wasn't any good at floor work (as Senior Deacon, I got 'lost' conducting a candidate once), so I was forced to learn the Lectures! :D

S&F
Interesting, ?? the senior deacon guides the candidate in NC? In PA we use another individual (typically a Past Master) to guide all new candidates.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Bro. Aaron, you give me more credit than I deserve. I finally realized after more than 25 years, I wasn't any good at floor work (as Senior Deacon, I got 'lost' conducting a candidate once), so I was forced to learn the Lectures! :D

S&F
Brother Bob ,

You got Lost !? Where did you end up , the parking lot ? Just kidding , we have all made mistakes .

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Interesting, ?? the senior deacon guides the candidate in NC? In PA we use another individual (typically a Past Master) to guide all new candidates.
In Wisconsin the position is called SD, however it is typically manned by our latest PM, as he has the best presentation skills.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Very Interesting. While reading the book by William Morgan, I noticed in his writing that occurs, but never really questioned it, as I am not a real big fan of putting the works into words. Just goes to show how far things have "evolved" jurisdiction to jurisdiction; state to state; GL to GL........ Here I thought Masonry never changed :rolleyes:

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
"...to receive and conduct candidates..."
-part of the SD's job in NC.

S&F

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
SD in MN, but very frequently not the lodge's actual SD. We often swap chairs. Some guys enjoy floor work during degrees, other's don't.
Oh , we will swap out also for various reasons . A member may know the candidate or excels at a certain lecture/degree .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
"A man should know his limitations." [Harry Calahan?]
:D

S&F
You know Bro. Bob , I am going to be thinking about this for a while now . I will soon be helping out at a lodge in my district by acting as SD for a FC degree and this is going to keep popping in my head . I can see it now , I will be in the middle of the Middle Chamber lecture and start laughing thinking about wandering around lost with the candidate .

I know this is not what you meant by "getting lost" , but I have a wild imagination .

DavisB

Not the SD for my EA, but it was the SD for my FC. Not sure if that was on purpose, or just the way things turned out. Probably the second.